Is this Extortion? Is this legal attorney behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svansant74

I am buying a short sale home which the bank already approved; however, the sellers are going through bankruptcy and the attorney who is representing the creditors is refusing to hand over the abandonment papers unless he gets paid for it. The selling realtor talked to the bank who already made him an offer, but this was a couple weeks ago. I feel he is stalling in order for my interest rate lock to expire and I get desperate enough to offer him payment myself. Is this even legal? Is this extortion? Please help!!!

I am buying a short sale home which the bank already approved; however, the sellers are going through bankruptcy and the attorney who is representing the creditors is refusing to hand over the abandonment papers unless he gets paid for it. The selling realtor talked to the bank who already made him an offer, but this was a couple weeks ago. I feel he is stalling in order for my interest rate lock to expire and I get desperate enough to offer him payment myself. Is this even legal? Is this extortion? Please help!!!

No, it isn't illegal; its SMART!

But, you can be SMARTER and walk away from the deal!

He needs what you have, MONEY!!!!

If you have ANY doubts, just walk away!

You can buy another house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back