Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Missed court date for a dui, was in hospital. Now in convalescent home indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathijkg

I'm 70 years old and received my first ever ticket, a DUI and missed my court date because I was in the hospital. I went from the hospital to a convalescent home and will be there indefinitely. What am I supposed to do now? I keep leaving messages at the DA office, but nobody calls me back. Having an outstanding warrant is too stressful for me endure.

Contact your county sheriff. They should be able to confirm if you have an active warrant.
If you do have a warrant then they will likely come to where you are and give you a new citation (for failure to appear) and a new court date. Show up to the new court date.

I'm 70 years old and received my first ever ticket, a DUI and missed my court date because I was in the hospital. I went from the hospital to a convalescent home and will be there indefinitely. What am I supposed to do now? I keep leaving messages at the DA office, but nobody calls me back. Having an outstanding warrant is too stressful for me endure.

If you haven't hired an attorney, do so immediately.

Ask the social worker at your care home to assist you.

The social worker can arrange for the medical staff to verify your hospital stay to the court's satisfaction.

Don't stress over this, do these things tomorrow.

If no one helps you, let me know, I'll help you pro bono.

Get well soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back