Injuries in civil rights case didn't pass the demurer. Can I appeal injuries 2 WCB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander271

I filed a civil rights lawsuit against San Bernardino county. Included in the case were three counts of battery with provable injuries that were directly and immediately tied to the civil rights violations. The two counts, invasion of privacy and false imprisonment, passed the demurer hurdle yesterday but the three battery counts did not. I know it was a long shot but it was worth a try.
My question is, can I now appeal these injuries to the WCB.
The injuries occurred 12/2009.
Claim was denied 3/2010.
Civil rights case filed 9/2010.
Demurer for injuries failed 1/31/2011

I'm doing this pro per and would appreciate all the advice I can get.

Last edited:
I filed a civil rights lawsuit against San Bernardino county. Included in the case were three counts of battery with provable injuries that were directly and immediately tied to the civil rights violations. The two counts, invasion of privacy and false imprisonment, passed the demurer hurdle yesterday but the three battery counts did not. I know it was a long shot but it was worth a try.
My question is, can I now appeal these injuries to the WCB.
The injuries occurred 12/2009.
Claim was denied 3/2010.
Civil rights case filed 9/2010.
Demurer for injuries failed 1/31/2011

I'm doing this pro per and would appreciate all the advice I can get.

Why are trying to do this yourself?

Why not see if an attorney will represent you on a contingency basis?

If you're tried and attorney after attorney has refused to represent you on a contingency, don't you get the message?

Why are trying to do this yourself?

Why not see if an attorney will represent you on a contingency basis?

If you're tried and attorney after attorney has refused to represent you on a contingency, don't you get the message?

When I finally found a civil rights attorney that would answer my call and listen to my case; he told me that my 'civil rights' case against the county does not involve law enforcement, gun shot wounds, handcuffs and therefore too minor of a case for an attorney to take on a contingency basis.

Now that I got the civil rights past the demurer, I'm doing another search to see if an attorney will help in that aspect. As for the question at hand, I would be glad to have an attorney represent me for my WC injuries. I just need to know if I can actually bring them to the WCB for appeal after failing the demurer. On the surface, it feels to me that I should be able to.

Seek the counsel of a workers compensation attorney.

If you have a chance, someone will take your case.

They get paid by the state for representing you.

When I finally found a civil rights attorney that would answer my call and listen to my case; he told me that my 'civil rights' case against the county does not involve law enforcement, gun shot wounds, handcuffs and therefore too minor of a case for an attorney to take on a contingency basis.

Now that I got the civil rights past the demurer, I'm doing another search to see if an attorney will help in that aspect. As for the question at hand, I would be glad to have an attorney represent me for my WC injuries. I just need to know if I can actually bring them to the WCB for appeal after failing the demurer. On the surface, it feels to me that I should be able to.

I see nothing in your post to show your injuries were work related. Please give more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back