Joint Custody wanting Full Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerose22588

I am a single mother of 2 children their father and i have joint custody so doesnt that mean he is suppose to have them as much as i do? so now he is refusing to take them every other weekend like we have been doing since i left him in july last year im just so sick of this he doesnt want them and i do and i want fullcustody but nobody will help me what should i do? :confused:

I am a single mother of 2 children their father and i have joint custody so doesnt that mean he is suppose to have them as much as i do? so now he is refusing to take them every other weekend like we have been doing since i left him in july last year im just so sick of this he doesnt want them and i do and i want fullcustody but nobody will help me what should i do? :confused:

Hire a lawyer and try to get full custody.
Don't expect miracles, however.
Just because a parent has the right to visitation and fails to use it, the court rarely counts that against them.
Heck, they can fail to have contacts with the children and never pay child support; it would still be hard to have the court divest them of their parental rights!
But, talk to a local lawyer and see what he/she says.
In fact, talk to two or three lawyers.
You'll learn more about this topic, and the initial consultation is normally free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back