Received a traffic ticket as a minor. Now, 14 years later my license is suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvardfilm

Hi,

I received a traffic ticket as a minor (17) in Arizona. It has been 14 years, and they have now tracked me to California where the DMV recently revoked my license.

I honestly believed that I had paid the tickets a decade ago, however when I recently sent a letter to the judge to that regard, he sent a letter back saying unless I provide proof that they cashed a check or money order, the matter remains open. As if people keep canceled checks for a decade.

My first question is this: Because I received the ticket as a minor, can I claim that I am not responsible for it as an adult?

If not, what other kind of recourse do I have with a matter like this? The fine is $934 and I am a full-time grad student. So, not easy.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

My first question is this: Because I received the ticket as a minor, can I claim that I am not responsible for it as an adult?

If not, what other kind of recourse do I have with a matter like this? The fine is $934 and I am a full-time student.

You have the following options:

Prove you paid the ticket

Pay the $900 they say you owe

Your only other option is to break the law, get popped for driving on a suspended or revoked license; every time you get stopped by the police.

The fact that you say you were a juvenile is meaningless!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back