Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse 1st time offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

zionmommy

I was recently arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. The trouble I am having is that I was with a friend who is on probation and he begged me to take the rap because it was his. So not wanting him to go to prison (he's been in a lot of trouble recently) I told them it was mine. I have never before been arrested or gone to jail. My record was spotless (not even an unpaid parking ticket) and this so-called friend completely lied about everything and didn't even come to bail me out. My question is if I tell the truth and plead not guilty will I get into bigger trouble for lying in the first place? Or should I stick to my original story and just hope for the best?

I was recently arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. The trouble I am having is that I was with a friend who is on probation and he begged me to take the rap because it was his. So not wanting him to go to prison (he's been in a lot of trouble recently) I told them it was mine. I have never before been arrested or gone to jail. My record was spotless (not even an unpaid parking ticket) and this so-called friend completely lied about everything and didn't even come to bail me out. My question is if I tell the truth and plead not guilty will I get into bigger trouble for lying in the first place? Or should I stick to my original story and just hope for the best?

Telling the truth, might help you now!

The truth shall set you free, hallelujah, amen!!!!!!!

But, you should have told the truth when you agreed to lie to help that creep.

Now you see why that bum has constantly been in trouble, don't you? :mad:

You could tell the real story now. :angel

But, he'll stick to the lie.

It then becomes a matter of who the jury will believe, a woman with a clean criminal record; or a life long loser and convicted felon?

I'd believe you!!!!!

But, you need to hire a lawyer to effect this strategy.

If you can't afford a lawyer, ask the court to appoint one to represent you.

You could also ask your lawyer to arrange a polygraph test to support your revised story.

The polygraph won't be admissible in court, but could be used to convince the prosecutor to drop the charges against you.

A lawyer could help you accomplish that. :yes:

It is worth an old college try. :yes:

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I agree with the advice stated above. Also, being that this would be your first offense, you'll have a better chance in court. Your "buddy" deserves to be prosecuted for the crime HE committed. I believe the jury will sympathize with your side because you have no priors. Good Luck!

At this point your friend will not be prosecuted. The DA will be faced with either holding you to the charge on the strength of your admission (you won't be the first guy to say the dope wasn't really his) or dropping the case.
I doubt you will have much luck making this go away, but if you lawyer up and work it right you might be able to keep it off your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back