Personal Property Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRPaul

I have lived in the same complex for over 3 years and just renewed my lease. I have problems over the years trying to get repairs done, but have stuck it out due because this is the best place I could afford in the area (I live in Irving Texas). This morning I came downstairs to find that my car (which was right near the walk-up to my unit, about as close as I can get it without pulling it into my living room) had been jacked up on bricks and all four wheels and tires had been removed. I now don't feel like this place is safe at all and would like to get out of my lease, even if it means making a long commute to work. I have already talked with the apartment office and they have said that they have absolutely no responsibility for personal property in their lot, and even though I did everything possible to keep myself safe, that is no excuse to let me out of the lease without penalty. I have a feeling that already know the answer to this since the law is written so one-sided in the tenant-landlord, but is it worth it for me to consult with a lawyer concerning this or should I just stick it out to the end of the lease period, which is around a year from now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back