Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Statutory Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

argkangie

My daughter is 15 and I recently learned she has a boyfriend who will be 20 in February, Can I file Statutory Rape charges against him and what are the chances of this boy really being charged?

My daughter is 15 and I recently learned she has a boyfriend who will be 20 in February, Can I file Statutory Rape charges against him and what are the chances of this boy really being charged?

If there is proof that there is inappropiate contact then yes you should contact police. The chances are good that he will be charged if there is proof as well they should be.Good luck.

If you put the 20 year old on notice to leave your daughter alone, and he persists, then you might be able to pursue charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, otherwise the protective order is the way to go.
Slim chance you will get anyone to admit to any sexual relationship that would amount to a rape charge.
If you haven't done so, call your local police and inform them of the matter. You might be able to persuade them to go talk to the guy... and that just might be enough to spook him away for good.

Before you bring the cops and courts into your daughters business you might want to think about it will do to your relationship with her. It could make her alienate you forever if she loves the man. There was a time when 12 year old girls were getting married to men of that age and making families.

This is the second thread I've seen where you opened a thread that has been dead for over a year to give your approval of children who are too young to consent under the law, having sex with adults. Stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back