Question about a spoof or parody on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuestionInNeed

Hi, Im making a video on youtube, and I'm getting somebody to dress up like Justin Bieber, and it's a skit/sketch video and it doesn't contain music or anything. Just somebody dressing up like bieber pretending to be him, but obviously isn't. And his name will be said in the skit and in the title, like "Justin Bieber Steals Candy?". Is this intruding on any laws, etc? Thanks for the help! :)

If so Saturday night live would have been off the air 25 years ago.

Okay, thanks for replying! :) Are you absolutely positive? I think i worry too much! lol! It just seems like if somebody were making a video that had my name in the title, I could do something about it.

Okay, thanks for replying! :) Are you absolutely positive that its legal? I think i worry too much! lol! It just seems like if somebody were making a video that had my name in the title, I could do something about it.

There are many invisble lines you could cross that might pose problems with youtube or target of your parody. Shows like Saturday Night have huge legal teams you dont have. You need to watch for copyright issues, defamation, slander to name a few

Thanks for the reply! Does anybody know how i can avoid all the things listed above, because I really want to make this skit. Thanks!

Sure contact a lawyer would be best way. You can google the issues for your state or nationally to see what constitues violation as well as look into copyright issues.

I ran across so related info that (for me) suggest you back away from this. JB has come out very strong against bullying, expeically cyberbullying. He has even taped a PSA about it. Your parody "could" be taken as cyberbullying or as reply to his recent statements and actions. JB taking action against you for this would work in his favor. Not saying it will happen just that it could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back