Ask a Legal Question

Thread: Work Comp

Thanks

Work Comp

Jurisdiction / State: Alaska

Last month I was diagnosed with a failure of my work place injury hernia surgery this past summer. The Doctor was prepared to schedule surgery within a couple of weeks. My boss asked me to postpone surgery until after the Holidays for the good of the company, the Dept of Defense. She then allowed my only coworker to go on a two week vacation over Thanksgiving which doubles my workload. She has made it clear to me by her attitude she is not at all happy about my injury. I can't honestly she is not hostile but the feeling is tense at work. Am I just worrying about nothing? Do I just suck it up and deal with it or do I have recourse.

2. Registered User Distinguished Colleague

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waylx View Post
    Last month I was diagnosed with a failure of my work place injury hernia surgery this past summer. The Doctor was prepared to schedule surgery within a couple of weeks. My boss asked me to postpone surgery until after the Holidays for the good of the company, the Dept of Defense. She then allowed my only coworker to go on a two week vacation over Thanksgiving which doubles my workload. She has made it clear to me by her attitude she is not at all happy about my injury. I can't honestly she is not hostile but the feeling is tense at work. Am I just worrying about nothing? Do I just suck it up and deal with it or do I have recourse.

You can take your concerns to the HR dept. Im sure that if your doc wants you to have the surgery now then your company is not going to take a chance of further injury to you. If the work is not physically demanding then you could just suck it up for the company and wait another 2 weeks.