Easement location in dispute with land developer who wants to go over drainage field

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat123

I live in MD. I purchased my home 2 yrs ago that had a 50 feet wide right of way easement to a landlocked sliver of property. It was not on the deed so we have a claim with our title insurance, who have already done a professional survey and staked out our property lines and the easement. The property owner has just gone and staked his own easement himself in dispute that it runs down the middle of our property over out septic drainage field. The property owner, who is a land developer, has a long history of civil court case against others, and is infamous in the state, could possibly build a huge road down the property. The sliver of land is mostly likely unbuildable, but this man has blackmailed a subdivision neighborhood with a pink barn. I can see him building a road to nowhere. Any advice would be appreciated.

I live in MD. I purchased my home 2 yrs ago that had a 50 feet wide right of way easement to a landlocked sliver of property. It was not on the deed so we have a claim with our title insurance, who have already done a professional survey and staked out our property lines and the easement. The property owner has just gone and staked his own easement himself in dispute that it runs down the middle of our property over out septic drainage field. The property owner, who is a land developer, has a long history of civil court case against others, and is infamous in the state, could possibly build a huge road down the property. The sliver of land is mostly likely unbuildable, but this man has blackmailed a subdivision neighborhood with a pink barn. I can see him building a road to nowhere. Any advice would be appreciated.

Go to the courthouse and get a plot of the land. That is what goes, what is recordered at the courthouse. it does'nt matter what he WANTS to be his or not. As long as its recorded right then you are in the clear. Good luck to you.

We have a plot of the land and a survey. He has removed most of the stakes that our survey company placed for easement, and put his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back