Private Videos posted without consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss

Hi, I am really concern if there's anything I can do for my situation.

I am 19 years old in WA and I have been dating a 33 year old man in Bursa, Turkey. We recently broke up (he broke up with me) and it did not happen calmly, he is still angry and I believe he is emotionally unstable. During the time we dated, there was intimacy and we both showed private things through webcam. I did not record/took any videos of those but he did, and I was aware on some of the videos but most of them I was not. I told him that if he is going to keep those, he can but only for himself. He said he will not share it to anyone. I have records of our conversation.

After we broke up, I checked his facebook page and saw he have posted the videos on his wall and it was set on public. I have reported the videos and his page using their reporting system, not through email. After two hours, I could no longer access the page "The Page you requested was not found", so I'm assuming they deleted the videos. He has the videos recorded on his phone.

I have not spoken to him yet regarding to the videos because my friends suggest that the way best for him to stop, is to show he does not bother me. But it does, and I worry if this will affect my future career.

I have his address, his name, and most records of our chats. I have also done little research and it seems they have similar laws pertaining to this issue but I don't know how this will work between two different country.

If he continues to spread the videos on the internet. I want to know if I can take any action. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Your friend is correct. The best thing you can do is stop all contact with him. If you find the videos then continue to report them as you did on Facebook, but do not contact him directly.
You consented to the videos and he can pretty much do what he wants with them now. Besides, he is no in Turkey and a whole different set of rules apply, if there are any at all.

Sorry for your situation, but the best you can do is keep reporting the videos and hope they get removed.

An even better course of action is to never engage in sexually explicit acts with strangers (even friends) over the internet, and you'll never have to worry about them being recorded and your googaw and peepaw exposed for the world to view.

If you find that he has posted the videos anywhere else you should first contact the site owner and ask them to remove the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back