Received Bill from Finance Company After Trade-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freightlady

We had a leased car which we traded in on a new car at a different dealership. The dealership contacted the finance company got the payment of amount and put the payoff amount on new lease paperwork -
Now we have received a bill from the original finance company asking us to pay the balance of the payments ( 7 ) plus an early termination fee. The dealer never mentioned this and it was not in writing at any point.

What should we do? - should we sue the dealer that did the deal with us?

All of that information is in your previous contract. You have no case against anyone. The dealer didn't have your previous contract, so how could you blame them? No case, no way!

Ya I don't follow the logic. With that explanation, I don't see how the original creditor was supposed to have been paid.

Did the deal for the new car include the amount owed on the old one? If so, the payment should have come from the new loan. You have phone calls to make to straighten things out. Maybe there is just a lag in the paperwork and disbursement of the check.

The dealership contacted the finance company got the payment of amount and put the payoff amount on new lease paperwork - !!!

Absolutely look into your new vehicle contract to ensure that the amount owed on the previous leased vehicle is represented on the new car loan agreement. It sounds that paperwork was crossed. I would make some calls before attempting litigation...mistakes do happen.

I am quite confident that something came out in the wash but wasn't reflected on the "new" paperwork.

Good luck on this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back