Scholarship Check Promised to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeiLeiR

Hi, I was recently awarded a scholarship from the Business school where I attended for graduating as the Top Finance student. I was told by two professors that I will be receiving a check for that money as a result.

I met with the organisation that gave the money to my school to for the top graduate Finance student. I was reassured by the organisation that this scholarship will be distributed to me.

After several weeks of emailing the professor in charge of distributing the check and getting no straight answer I went to the Financial affairs office to only find out I will not be getting this money. I was told from them that the Professor made a mistake and it will not be possible for me to get that check.

I saw the professor and he told me that by the following week I should have the check, I told him I needed that money to pay for rent and other issues and he assured me that I would receive the money.

He has not answered my emails since and I would like to take legal action because I borrowed money with the thought that I would be getting this check. This has affected my credit score and reputation with the bank and I believe something needs to be done about this. I still need this money that was promised to me.

Hi, I was recently awarded a scholarship from the Business school where I attended for graduating as the Top Finance student. I was told by two professors that I will be receiving a check for that money as a result.

I met with the organisation that gave the money to my school to for the top graduate Finance student. I was reassured by the organisation that this scholarship will be distributed to me.

After several weeks of emailing the professor in charge of distributing the check and getting no straight answer I went to the Financial affairs office to only find out I will not be getting this money. I was told from them that the Professor made a mistake and it will not be possible for me to get that check.

I saw the professor and he told me that by the following week I should have the check, I told him I needed that money to pay for rent and other issues and he assured me that I would receive the money.

He has not answered my emails since and I would like to take legal action because I borrowed money with the thought that I would be getting this check. This has affected my credit score and reputation with the bank and I believe something needs to be done about this. I still need this money that was promised to me.

A promise is not a contract.
You allege someone promised you the funds.
Absent a letter indicating you were to receive $XXXX, you have no case.
Why?
Because , a promise is not a contract.
You can't sue someone for breaking a promise.
Well, you could sue, but you wouldn't win.
You could sue someone for breach of contract.
Alas, you appear not to have a contract.
Hence, no viable case.

Yep. just keep at it to see if you can help things along. Maybe work with the organization that awarded the scholarship? They might want to find out where their money went if they already paid it.

You don't have any argument to make about loans and credit though. That won't go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back