company finding reason to fired me because they paid workmens comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeanumber360

I had to go to the hospital because a 12ft board,3 inches thick fell on my head and was bleeding severly to the point my manager thought i was on blood thinner{i was not on any meds at the time this occur}This happened about 12.35a.m on august11,2010.My scheldule was to work thursday and saturday .I was called in to work on the 13th of august as the scheldule changed again.My division supervisor told me i was scheldule to work but i told him i was still dizzy and not able to walk straight and i have my head hurting.It did;nt matter i was scheldule to work.I had 8 staples in my head and i did go in and worked 5 hrs but i was scheldule to work 2 til 9p.m. I called at 3.p.m to get releif and it was 7 p.m before i could be releifed from work.Now,under the grapevine i'm hearing that my manager wants to get rid of me so what should i do ?

If you're on workman's comp, why were you at work? Did the physician release you and certify you able to return to duty?

Did you actually go on worker's comp, or were you merely treated and released?

If you were back to work, you were never officially on worker's comp, or you were cleared and released to return to duty.

If you're unable to work, you need to communicate that to your physician.

You should also speak with HR and file a worker's comp report. If you've neglected to do that, you aren't officially on worker's comp. So, do that immediately.

As far as the gossip, ignore it. People always talk and gossip. You should focus on getting your paperwork in order and getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back