Need example of agreement to terminate lease early

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelsomino

I have a difficult tenant who is threatening to sue me over something I am not liable for (per consultation with an attorney). Tenant has also sent me a number of rather aggressive pieces of correspondence. As "alternative" to suing, tenant has asked to be let out of the lease early (6 mos into a one year lease) with no penalty.

Because I no longer want to have to deal with this person, I am willing to grant this request. However, I would like a good example of an agreement that will ensure that tenant does not continue to harass me regarding this matter post-termination-- i.e., language that says the agreement resolves all disputes and releases both sides from any liability. Any examples would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If this concerns you, pay your attorney a couple hundred bucks to draft an agreement.

Otherwise, you nailed the basic wording in your top post.

In consideration of releasing Jones from his lease with Smith six months early, Jones agrees to absolve and hold harmless against Smith for any events, occurrences, and incidents arising out of Jones' tenancy with Smith for the premises at
911 September Street, apt. 119, Freedom, FL 00911.

Smith agrees to waive any fees and claims arising out of this agreement to release Jones from his tenancy and lease with Smith six months early for the premises at
911 September Street, apt. 119, Freedom, FL 00911.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back