Weapons, Guns, Firearms Felons and tasers - TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous9000

I'm a felon, and was wondering what the law is on Felons in the state of TN open-carrying a civilian taser like the hand taser C2 or the ranged M26C advanced Taser. I've googled it a couple times and not really found anything to concrete or useful.

I know that the laws on felons carrying and open carrying basic or advanced tasers vary from state to state. As in places like california and other places they can open carry as long as its not in a sterile area of an airport, local or state government buildings, or public open meetings.

I would also like to confirm that my understanding of a "public" "open" "meeting" would refer to "The legislature finds and declares that all public commissions, boards, councils, committees, subcommittees, departments, divisions, offices, and all other public agencies of this state and subdivisions thereof exist to aid in the conduct of the people's business. It is the intent of this chapter that their actions be taken openly and that their deliberations be conducted openly."

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Link to tasers :

M26C - (www)(dot)shop.fortresstactical(dot)(com)/TASER-M26C-p/44009.htm
C2 - (www)(dot)shop.fortresstactical(dot)(com)/TASER-C2-Titanium-Silver-p/31060.htm

I don't know the law in your state, but tasers are not considered firearms. They are called electronic control devices. I would expect that so long as you are in compliance with the laws of your state regarding their carry and use then you are fine... however, since you are a felon it wouldn't hurt to contact your local sheriff or even the District Attorney and see what response you get. Even better, if you are on parole, check with your PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back