Can we revoke? If so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missinformed

HI
My husband and I live in CO, the issue in question was decided in NM where the child resides with her grandmother.

My husband did not find out till the child was 2 that he was indeed the father. He was ordered to pay child support and has payed since the day ordered. From 2004 to now we always thought and were under the impression the child was with her mother. My husband would attempt to see the child and the mother would either show up and not have the child with her or take off when ever my husband tried to see her in NM. The last contact we had with the mother or we found out where she was it was CPS calling us from CA telling us the child was living a homeless lifestyle with the mother. that was in Jan of 2008. We never did here anything else and we were unable to find the mother or the child.

Fast forward to April of this year. My husband received a letter from NM asking him to redirect payment to there office and that payments will now be going to the Grandmother of the child. Here is where we are lost apparently the grandmother has always had the child except for 9 months of her life when she was with the mother who is now deemed cert unstable. So any way we also receive a letter with/from child support in NM that the Grandmother is the guardian as of May 2009. She had filed and is perminant guardian of the child.
My husband here in CO from court papers here say he is the non-custodial parent. But he was never notified of the Guardianship being transfered, he was never asked, nothing. Can this be revoked?? since we didn't know about it and he was never contacted? How do we do this?

We are more then capable of caring for the child and providing a stable home. We have two other children.

Thanks
Miss-informed.

This child has had very little contact with her father - does your husband truly think that uprooting her is in her best interests?

You should speak to an attorney in your hometown for guidance. You could have a chance to obtain custody. The initial visit with most attorneys is usually at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She knows who he is and we have had some contact with her. She would be better off here.

From what you've posted, I agree.
That bunch that's keeping that child hostage should all be in prison.
Then they have the audacity and gall to hold you guys up for support money.
I hope you're successful in getting the baby to come and live with you folks.
You guys sound normal.
Kids, adults, even old people, love normal!

I strongly disagree with Army Judge.

And the courts are likely to agree with my assessment.

You'll see why. Can you guess?

Poor child. :(

Last edited:

Poor child. :([/QUO
Why do you disagree, she is being raised by a grandmother who has no home, and no job. The child and us do have contact with her. We don't want to uproot the child, but there are other issues here as well. She had to stay back in kindergarten because the grandmother moved so much she only went 55 days. She has such a bad speech proplem you can't understand her. She needs stability and family. I just think she would flourish here. The child has been kept from her father. I want to know if the guardianship can be revoked???

This is not about us, it's about a child who has had a hard start already. We do want what's best for her and with what we have observed so far here would be better.

Poor child. :([/QUO
Why do you disagree, she is being raised by a grandmother who has no home, and no job. The child and us do have contact with her. We don't want to uproot the child, but there are other issues here as well. She had to stay back in kindergarten because the grandmother moved so much she only went 55 days. She has such a bad speech proplem you can't understand her. She needs stability and family. I just think she would flourish here. The child has been kept from her father. I want to know if the guardianship can be revoked???

You will never know until you try.
You have some things working against you.
Proserpina is correct about those things.
But, you have some things working for you.
Six of the best things going for you are: 1) he's her dad, 2) you guys have a normal family, 3) you want what's best for the child, 4) you can afford to provide for her, 5) your husband wasn't served or noticed about the guardianship proceedings, and 6) you love her.
So, as with many things in life, there is good and bad, yin and yang!
You first have to speak with a local attorney.
You can't do it without one.
At least after you speak with a local attorney, you'll be a better position to make a decision about what you should do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back