Extra-Curricular Activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudMommy

Hi, I'm new here!! :) I just have a few questions.. My ex has absolutely nothing to do w/ our son.. he abandoned him about 7 yrs ago. He was paying a minimal amount of child support, so I went to child support court about 4 years ago to have child support increased and all of a sudden ex wanted to exercise visitation rights. Long story short we tried to re-establish a relationship between him and my son, w/ supervised visits and ex gave up... once again! He pays child support every month through wage garnishment. Our son is now 12 y/o.. and as you know the older children get the more expensive. So, my question is: Can I go back to child support court and ask ex to pay for extra-curricular activities on top of the child support? Or do you think I should avoid the whole court thing and send a letter to ex asking?

Thank You in advance! :D

Everything you do should be through the court.

You can send the letter to him if you wish. According to you he's broken his word every time he's given it. Why would he change now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extra curricular is a part of your child support. Unless it was in your orig order you likely are not to get it in CA and ex is not required to pay it. Try asking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back