My mothers home

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacc

Hi my mother want's to give me here home witch all of my siblings agree with it. The problem is that shes elderly and on fix income shes not in a rest home at this time and don't foresee her going in one for a time shes on medicaid medicare will the goverment want here to sale it to pay her med bills or will i have to sale to cover her bills if she had to go in a rest home?

Hi my mother want's to give me here home witch all of my siblings agree with it. The problem is that shes elderly and on fix income shes not in a rest home at this time and don't foresee her going in one for a time shes on medicaid medicare will the goverment want here to sale it to pay her med bills or will i have to sale to cover her bills if she had to go in a rest home?

There are a lot of variables that affect the answers to your questions. I suggest you consult an attorney who is experienced in this area.

There are time restrictions, a means test, an exception if you've lived with your mother, etc. Too many variables to answer definitively on an internet forum, IMO.

Irish's answer is right on the money.
You need to speak with a local attorney that understands social insecurity well.
You can also ask social insecurity yourself.
The usual answer is that social insecurity rarely allows beneficiaries to have their homes sold.

But, as Irish said, there are dozens of variables to say specifically for you.

Whatever you do, proceed with caution and not haste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back