Criminal Records, Expungement 5th degree theft, Expunge Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughknite

I had a 5th degree theft on June 12th of last year. I was told once I take my first offenders class and pay all my fee's it would be expunged from my record. I took the class and paid all the fee's in December of last year, so it should have been expunged sometime around 1/1/10. It has yet to be expunged, and I keep getting the run-around when talking to the court-house people on the phone, and it apparently seems my Parole Officer (not anymore since i'm off it) sent in the paperwork twice, but the people who file it have not received anything. I'm kind of stuck, where I can't do anything, and I can't get a job because of this crap going on. Is there anything I can do? Can I sue for something like this? (my sentence was originally for 1 year unless I got it off early, but its been a month over that year). Thanks.

-Was a 1 year sentence for parole
-Was suppose to be either expunged when everything was paid and class was
taken, or after the year and it was all done.
-Nothing has happened
-Past four months, have been talking to old Parole Officer about situation
-Paperwork was sent in a second time June 9th, was told it could take up to
2 weeks to process and go through, and I should receive mail.
-Nothing went through, file is sitting around with no status change
-The people who file it claim they never received paperwork from PO both
time he put it through.

Is this something I can do anything with? Especially because I can't get a job anywhere with the theft on my record... Thank you in advanced.

Speak with your attorney who represented you in this matter. See what he/she advises.

You said parole officer, did you mean probation officer? You only get paroled from prison. Were you released from prison, or placed on probation by the court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I did mean probation officer, and I do not have an attorney representing me, I don't exactly have any money, that is why I am asking the question here, to see if I need to get an attorney for something like this...

I'm sorry, I did mean probation officer, and I do not have an attorney representing me, I don't exactly have any money, that is why I am asking the question here, to see if I need to get an attorney for something like this...

You might not need an attorney, just yet.
When you got convicted, or plead guilty and took the deal that gave you the opportunity to have your record expunged, did you have an attorney?

Sure, you had to have had an attorney.
Then you need to get in contact with that attorney.
That attorney should know something about the "deal" you made, or the sentence you received.
Ask that attorney what's up now?
See if he/she can clear this up for you.
Maybe, if you're real nice, he/she will point you in the right direction to you can get this thing straightened out quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back