Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sex Offender Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

srschutte

So my uncle was convicted of felony in 1996, molesting a little girl, and was sent to a state correctional facility. He was released in 2002. I know there is a 10 year suporvisory period and in my state, anyone convicted of a child related sex crime MUST register. But I can't find him on either a state or national registry. The reason I'm looking him up, is because we have a family reunion coming up rather quickly, and I believe he is planning to attend. I feel extremely uncomfortable with this as there will be alot of children there. So here are my questions:

1) Why isn't he on the sex offender registries?

2) Is he legally allowed to be around children, considering his crime?

Any advice would be most helpful, I have scoured the internet and found nothing that helps.

So my uncle was convicted of felony in 1996, molesting a little girl, and was sent to a state correctional facility. He was released in 2002. I know there is a 10 year suporvisory period and in my state, anyone convicted of a child related sex crime MUST register. But I can't find him on either a state or national registry. The reason I'm looking him up, is because we have a family reunion coming up rather quickly, and I believe he is planning to attend. I feel extremely uncomfortable with this as there will be alot of children there. So here are my questions:

1) Why isn't he on the sex offender registries?

2) Is he legally allowed to be around children, considering his crime?

Any advice would be most helpful, I have scoured the internet and found nothing that helps.

You can find out this information from the police. There is no way anyone here can determine this for you. I would suggest that you NOT take your children to this function if you can't resolve this situation.

Oregon only posts the information of offenders who are considered "predatory" or violent and dangerous. It might be that his offense does not qualify to be publicly posted even if he is required to register.

http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back