Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse NY 220.03 Brooklyn, NY Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

coneyisland

On saturday I was hanging out on the lawn of a grateful dead concert when a cop came up to the people next to us, who were smoking, asking them to empty their pockets for a search. Then proceeded to search my friend and I believing that we were in their party. After being searched the officer recovered a marijuana pipe, a small bag of marijuana, 3 LSD tablets and 5 Oxycontin in my pocket. I was charged with a NY 220.03 controlled substances as well as a possession of marijuana in public. I am trying to see if it is possible to get these charges dropped to a 6 month ACD to be wiped off my record after that time, if not what type of charge am I looking at as a first time offender? Also if this is possible then would it be possible to do with a public defender?

Thank you very much

You are most likely not going to get this reduced below a felony because of the LSD. Your best way out of this was to walk away when the officer showed up, but that opportunity is long gone.
It is tough to say how it will end up... but I certainly wouldn't expect it to go away after six months. The marijuana alone would be easy to get rid of, but the LSD is a major no-no, and the oxycontin cements the whole thing.
You are probably lucky they didn't try and get you for distribution/sales... or maybe they did try and couldn't.

The charge given to me is only a Misdemeanor which means that i will not be charged with a felony at all. After speaking with someone they had said that worse case scenario since its a first offense i am looking at worst 6 months rehabilitation with a good chance of grabbing a ACD for the offense. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back