Pennsylvania traffic citation statute of limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padude

Ok, here is my question back in 1989 and 1990 I received 4 citations. I did not respond to them and my license was suspended indefinitly. Now my question is this none of the citations has been enforced in the last 10 years or more. I have not driven because my wife is the main driver in the house. Now getting older in life I would like to obtain my license. What are my corses of action do I need to respond to these citations or what should I do? I obtained a copy of my history from the local DMV and these four citations are listed. What in simple trems should I do? None of the citations involve an injuries or damage to other cars, property, or people. Think one was for inspection and the other was for driving with out a license. none are for DUI and anything like that. I really need help here, I just started a new job that I need to travel for and the wife and I are on the outs. I want to do the right thing here and get my license, I don't want to mess up things...

Regards, padude

Contact the various courts involved and make arrangements to pay the fines. Get a letter from each court and take them down to the DMV and pay the reinstatement fee. Normally the court will forward the information but it is best to have your own paperwork.

There is no statute of limitations unless you enter a plea of not guilty and they do not bring you to trial for two years. This is for PA only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back