Fence issue who is responsible for damage to my property

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug

My neighbor is a renter. The renter continually damages my landscaping (removing / throwing big gardening stones and running into and fence and trees with his truck. Tenant feels he has a right to my property because he has a big truck that doesn't fit on the rental driveway. Who is responsible for damages? Landlord or tenant? I have talked to tenant -- he has no respect for property rights. I have also notified landlord of damage / harrasement but she hasn't or can't control her tenant. Can I get a protective order against the tenant to keep him off my property? Also, I just had a property boundary survey done so I know exactly where my property line is and the City of Indianapolis told me there wasn't a setback for fences or landscaping. Please help. ~jb

My neighbor is a renter. The renter continually damages my landscaping (removing / throwing big gardening stones and running into and fence and trees with his truck. Tenant feels he has a right to my property because he has a big truck that doesn't fit on the rental driveway. Who is responsible for damages? Landlord or tenant? I have talked to tenant -- he has no respect for property rights. I have also notified landlord of damage / harrasement but she hasn't or can't control her tenant. Can I get a protective order against the tenant to keep him off my property? Also, I just had a property boundary survey done so I know exactly where my property line is and the City of Indianapolis told me there wasn't a setback for fences or landscaping. Please help. ~jb

You can't get a protective order for what this idiot is doing.
You can sue the idiot and his landlord fro damaging your property.
Take pictures and video of the damage.
Then, file a case against both of them in small claims court.
You'll walk away with a judgment that you will need to enforce against both of them
If you want to make it real easy for yourself, sue the landlord.
She'll then try to cross-claim against her idiot tenant.
If not, she'll probably try to evict him after paying you.
Either way, you win.
Even if you never collect a dime on your judgment, you send her a message about her tenant.
Eventually your property and your property rights will be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back