Release agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy62

Hello . I have a workers compensation case , my claim was denied, so it was appealed by my attorney before he removed himself from the case. Anyhow, I went to a settlement conference twice without representation. At the first conference there were issues which basically led to no agreement. At the second settlement conference I signed an agreement based on it being said the other party would pay all my medical bills that arose from the injury i sustain plus compensate me with the sum of $750.00. I did notfully understand the contents of the agreement and voiced this before the opposing lawyer as well as the Judge. In the agreement it states I have 21 days to review and consider the document once it is given to me but again because I did not understand and had some trouble reading the document I signed it the very day it was given to me. it also states i have 7 days in which i can revoke the agreement but it also states that counterparts can be still enforced... I do not know what to do since because of my mental health issues i was under stress and duress when I signed the agreement... is the anything i can do so the entire argreement would be null and void?

Yes, but you can't do it without a lawyer. Due to the time limitations in the agreement you signed, even a lawyer may not be able to help you Speak to one today. Otherwise, what you signed will stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back