settlement help

Status
Not open for further replies.

birneyboy

new here from missouri .got hurt in 08 i have thoracic disc hernetion t8-9 on permenant restiction comp doc rated 5% my doc 20% plust advised pain management and to get rated on ptsd.not sure what to do there :nuts my lawer saying at most now what i get in settlement is under 40 and no medical .guess what i need to no is or can medical be added what a good settlement offer .i feel even with a lawyer im alone on this . my injurys are to to company bucket truck mess up pinning between a wire and bending me over backwards. it had been messing up before that they said they could not find any thing wrong with it . any advise would help

Why would we second-guess your attorney, who knows all the details of your case, when we only know what you've posted here?

not sure what else u need to hear .work comp doc always pass up my complaits had over 7 mnths pt still deal with mid back pain arm leg left sided . . lawyer ever time tried to get him to help get my pay back or doc app he tells me it will be more money in expense.

not sure what else u need to hear .work comp doc always pass up my complaits had over 7 mnths pt still deal with mid back pain arm leg left sided . . lawyer ever time tried to get him to help get my pay back or doc app he tells me it will be more money in expense.

Here is a rule of thumb, in MOST personal injury cases that insurance companies use.

The initial offer anyone receives is about 25-33% of what the insurance company values your injury.

That isn't to say that is what you will be awarded, if you sue them.

It is the prevailing injury average for similar injuries suffered over time.

So, you were offered $40,000 for your injury.

It could be worth up to about $120-160,000.

Could YOU get that?

Well, its an average.

Some get more, some get less, most get THAT!

A good lawyer can usually get the initial offer GENERALLY doubled.

That takes time, more time than EAGER plaintiffs want to invest.

They think insurance companies are threatened.

Insurance companies don't care, they have deep pockets, but many lawyers.

They can wait.

They don't NEED the money today.

They are able to pay their expenses.

They're betting you can't.

That's why they usually get what they want!

So, if you're willing to wait, seek medical care regularly (not sporadically, but everyday or two); they'll be MORE inclined to raise their ante.

If you don't seek REGULAR medical care, the offer won't increase.

In fact, they sometimes make their offers fungible.

So, you need to make a decision.

Can you wait?

Are you patient?

Will you listen to the advice and counsel of your lawyer?

Will you seek REGULAR medical and rehabilitation care?

The longer you wait (up to a point), the better it is for you.

Make an appointment with your lawyer.

Seek guidance and counsel about your case.

Find out if your lawyer believes this is the best offer you will get.

Then decide HOW much you trust your lawyer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back