My exhusband girlfriend is trying to get me fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

I was asked into the Directors office at the hospital where I am employed at as a registered nurse. I was told that they had been investigating me for a HIPPA violation brought to them by a patient (my exs girlfriend). She went to them in April with a text msg that I had sent to her. I was not allowed to see the msg (to protect the patients privacy). The texts were printed out in email form w/time stamp of 4/13 745am. I was at work @ that time. My verizon records show that I text my ex 2 times on 4/12 940pm. My employer is very upset w/ me regarding verbage used in msg. I recieved a Level 2 discipline stating "while the results of the investigation showed no HIPPA violation of privacy on XX part, her behavior and actions are unacceptable."

Is there anything I can do about this? I have had problems with my ex and his girlfriend since March 2009. They have stolen property from me and vandalized my home.

I have contacted Verizon in an attempt to get copies of these text messages. As I recall, they began with him texting me about the title of his vehicle (which he has misplaced) and had nothing to do with his girlfriend. Verizon said that it would require a court order and due to the length of time that has now passed they are unsure they even have the records.

I do not know his girlfriends phone number, I do not know who her doctor is, nor am I aware of any of her medical history. I have never treated her in the emergency room where I work, I don't even know if she had ever been into the emergency where I work.

I have not signed the disciplinary action form, and have been told that I can write a response to go with it in my personal file. Can my job even do this? Can they write me up for something that a)did not occur in the workplace and b)was investigated by them and found to be not a violation of HIPPA?

duplicate post; please post your question in one forum only; posting multiple times will not get you any more responses and merely serves to split the responses.

I just responded in the other forum in which you posted. Actually, this would have been most appropriately placed in the employment law forum, but don't repost it again.

Yes they can do this. What you need to ask is what behavior are they not happy about? The next question is how will this really affect you? It sounds like it's a write up, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be much more than that. I would just write your side of the story, and include that as far as you are concerned this was just your ex trying to get you into trouble. Other than that there's not much you can do, aside from trying to appeal to someone higher up in administration, but I don't know how high up it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back