where do i start

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwstarr

My daughter in laws parents have my granddaughter.When i call them to see when would be a good time for me to come see her they dont answer their phone.When i just show up they wont answer the door.When they do answer the phone i get told their fixing to go somewhere or now is not a good time. Ive tried everthing.could someone tell me what to do and how to go about getting visitation with my granddaughter.

Why do you believe you have the right to see your granddaughter?

Sure, you can file for visitation but you'll have an uphill battle and you will need an attorney.

You do not have an inherent legal right to see your granddaughter hon - you just don't.

You would need to file a GPV (grandparent visitation) suit. These are incredibly difficult to win and you would need an attorney.

You do not have an inherent legal right to see your granddaughter hon - you just don't.

You would need to file a GPV (grandparent visitation) suit. These are incredibly difficult to win and you would need an attorney.

Posting Hx is a must....;)

You have no rights at all to see your grandchild. Grandparents have no rights at all until you go to court and awarded visitation. You need an attorney.

The first question I have is: Why does the daughter in law's parents have your son's child? What visitation rights does your son have? If they are in laws then I assume son is married (or you were using the term euphemistically). Your visitation rights flow through your son's visitation rights. The grandparents on the other side have no rights either unless a court has granted them. Assuming your son has established paternity (legally), and has some visitation or married custody rights, your son can go get the child and bring him/her to you.

So before we get to far along, why does the other set of grandparents have the child and where is your son in all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back