settlement question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Response-Stipulation for Compromise Settlement

Hi Checker. I am a Missouri attorney that focuses almost exclusively on workers' compensation and personal injury claims, so I believe I can assist with your question.

A Stipulation for Compromise Settlement is the name of the official form that is filed with the Missouri Division of Workers' Compensation when a final settlement has been reached in a workers' comp. case. The form has to be reviewed and signed by a workers' comp. judge, the attorney for the employer or employer's insurer, the injured worker, and the injured worker's attorney. As you have probably heard, settlement amounts can vary greatly in workers' compensation cases. A significantly higher settlement will be reached if the settlement calculations are made pursuant to the formulas for calculating permanent partial disability settlement value, in the workers' compensation statutes. There are numerous items that workers' compensation attorneys add in when calculating the final amount that an injured worker should receive. I cannot list all the factors in this response, because the type of injury and whether time was missed from work affect the calculations. There are also formulas for calculating payment for time missed from work, and this should be part of the settlement as well. Please let me know by private message or a posted response if you would like further information. I hope this helps a bit. Thanks.

NOTE: This answer is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back