having problems with CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyShy

I'm having troubles finding information on what cps can and can't legally do. I've had run-ins with CPS a few times, and I still can't get definite answers to my questions. My cases with CPS have always been unfounded, and now it seems like i'm being harrassed.

I am currently working with an agency that was referred by CPS. I was told by my social worker at the agency I'm working with that a call was made to CPS and that CPS referred this agency because they didn't feel that the case was of concern, but that they felt we could use some community services to help to improve our situation. So now I have a worker that comes out to the house weekly to check up and help us find resources that we may need. A couple of weeks ago, a CPS worker came to the house, we're currently staying with family in cramped conditions, but the children's school, the agency we're working with, etc. know of the situation, for allegations made about one of my nephews that lives in the house. His parents now have an open case with allegations of abuse due to spanking. A police officer walked into the house about a week ago stating that he was there because a CPS worker was told she couldn't enter the house because my nephew's parents weren't home.
The CPS worker came back a couple days later and I spoke with her and let her see the house. She said she could come in whenever she wanted and she could talk to the kids alone. Can she do that? Can I prevent them from talking to my kids at school? Can they come in the house without a warrant?
Also, a worker came out the other day about allegations agains me and my husband regarding a bruise my two year old had on his head. They are looking at the past cases that had been all ruled unfounded and trying to bring those issues into this case. Can they do that? They are trying to accuse us of drug use, and my husband has been clean for over 5 years. He had gone through the drug court program and graduated successfully. They are saying they are going to call us for a random UA. Can they do that? Can we have 2 open cases at the same time? What do we do next time they come to the door? I've been trying to get these answers for the last 5 years.
So if anyone can answer those questions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Go hire an attorney and stop talking to CPS. Tell CPS to talk with your attorney. They are headed down a path that is not going to stop until you stop them. If you aren't doing anything, and haven't done anything there is no reason for you to be persecuted. Please get an attorney and follow their advice.

They can only do what you let them. You have been far to willing to work with them. Get an attorney immediately, preferably one with experience opposing CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back