Wrongly Accused of stealing, kicked out of store

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEdge23

A few days ago I was out with a friend and we decided to go eat at a local restaraunt. This restaurant is right next to a liquor store (More on This Later) As were walking into the restaurant, some employee's from inside the liquor store were pointing and staring at me through the windows, I thought nothing of it and went inside the restaurant.

Inside we ate, and had a few drinks. We Paid and Left.

Afterwards my friend and I decided that we could use a little more liquor in our systems and decided to go a pint of whiskey. We went to the liquor store next door to the restaurant.

I went straight up to the counterand asked for a pint of soco, which was behind the counter. The cash lady went and grabbed the soco, but then walked away... in her place came a male cashier.

He didnt say anything at first, he just scanned my soco, then scanned a bottle of Bacardi Gold, the total came up to 19.12.

After he scanned the bacardi gold he said, " If you're wondering why I just did that it's because you stole a bottle of this earlier and you're going to pay for it."

At first I was a little shocked and kind of confused, but I said... "Do you have any proof? Like me stealing on camera??" He paused and then said," you either pay for these two bottles, or you get out of the store."

So I took my money and headed towards the door. As I got to the exit he says "You're on my @#$#list buddy".

That totally ticked me off, but I just kept walking.. as I was a little intoxicated from the drinks earlier.

Is there anything I can do? Like complain or something? I've been to this liquor store several times and I've NEVER stolen anything. Its really insulting and it really ticks me off that the guy can get away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back