Should I accept an impairment or settle my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessco

I was injured at work 8/2008, and company paid all of my doctor's visits and therapies. Due to heavy lifting, I developed chronic lateral epicondilytis in both elbows. I recently received 12% whole body impairment from my doctor, who suggested leaving the case open for 6 years in case I do not improve. Due to my restrictions I lost salary and work hours, and finally had to quit per doctor's recommendations. I informed my case manager, and she sounded more inclined to settle my case instead of just paying for the impairment. I understand some of the consequences if I settle, but financially, is there big difference and benefit and what's the time frame to receive compensation? Will I be able to work for that company again if I accept a settlement? Do the 6 years to reopen the claim start on 8/2008, or do they start now? Do I have to hire an attorney to handle either the impairment or the settlement on my behalf?

Hire an attorney.
His fee arrangement is set by state law.

Hire a good workers comp lawyer.
Google one near you.
This is too important to do without a lawyer.

Your lawyer will show you the numbers.

Hire a lawyer tomorrow.

Army judge I was looking forward to hearing from you. I read many of your posts and enjoy your sincerity and approach, plus my husband is an ex 12 yr army soldier. I will follow your recommendations. Thank you very much!

jessco said:
Army judge I was looking forward to hearing from you. I read many of your posts and enjoy your sincerity and approach, plus my husband is an ex 12 yr army soldier. I will follow your recommendations. Thank you very much!
Jessco, thank you.
Thank your husband for his service.
Good luck with your case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back