A Business Format That Fits Social Security Disability Rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvstr

I need help from someone who knows startups/corporations/LLC, etc. and Social Security Disability. Have been receiving SSDI for approximately 2 years. (Degenerative conditions that will not improve unless there is major breakthrough.)

Please pardon incorrect use of terminology.
Social Security Disability has strict rules for self-employed or earned income vs. investment income Want some investment income. Don't want to deal with stress if I mess up and cause a review of my status due to a lot of earned income.

Limited cash does not work for buying investments such as rental property or typical stocks. Some alternates follow that might fit SSDI investment income parameters. Would be set up with appropriate legal structure (Whatever that might be).

Plan to market products online.
A-- Start small business as stockholder with profits paid as dividend
B-- Buy stock in company started by several other person(s) Profits paid as dividend.
C-- Instead of cash, invest/contribute product ideas or similar intellectual property. Profits paid as dividend.

1--Do any of these work?
2--If not, structure that would work?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

You should inquire of social security about this.
Social security will change the rules on you in a second.
What one person is allowed, another is denied.
And, whatever they say you can do, get it in writing.
Because when they are wrong, they'll deny, deny, deny!
Social security discourages any income, other than what they dole out to you.
It also depends on when you you started receiving benefits.
The more recent, the harder it is for you to get anything but the pittance provide.
We won't discuss why, they just do.
Yes, it is counter-productive, as well as counter-intuitive; but when has that stopped government?
Be very careful, because they will set you up to fail.
They will tell you that you can do something, only to sit back and wait to spring the trap on you.
They have one function these days, trying to get people off of their books!
You might be trying to take TOO big a risk by making a few hundred dollars and potentially losing thousands.

Thank you for your extremely direct reply! SSDI is my safety net. Can't mess it up. In your experience, any safe areas for income that don't require SSA reporting?

Thank you for your extremely direct reply! SSDI is my safety net. Can't mess it up. In your experience, any safe areas for income that don't require SSA reporting?

None that are legal!!! :)

Besides, it isn't wise to post such things in public places.

Can you count, 1, 2, THREE.

Not the 1st, 2nd, but the THIRD!

He's safe on THIRD, with a stand up TRIPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back