Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Mittimus vs Warrant for Arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krissydike

Per ia courts online, on 3/24 a judge ordered a mittimus to county jail. This person was arrested this morning for driving without a license. She had 2 days of jail time to serve from a previous arrest so is spending the weekend in jail. What is the difference between a mittimus and a warrant for arrest? Does this mittimus show up on her record? Will they catch that she has this mittimus and charge her with that also?
The reason for the mittimus is for falsifying a substance abuse evaluation. 2 arrests within a year - a substance abuse evaluation was ordered for each. Evidentely the judge missed the fact that the first one was not dated by the evaluator. She never went to the substance abuse evaluation for the 2nd arrest - the moron used the non-dated one from the first arrest. Courts must have caught on and judge ordered the mittimus. Will this be a very serious charge?

She had 2 days of jail time to serve from a previous arrest so is spending the weekend in jail. What is the difference between a mittimus and a warrant for arrest?

That's a new on one me. Looking it up though it appears that an arrest warrant is a new charge and this is a confirmation of an old charge or a charge from another jurisdiction. If I am right it will not show up as a new charge just a sentence that was served at two different times.

It's not a very serious charge, but referring to a Judge as a "moron" especially on a site where you have attorney's and FORMER JUDGES shows your level of intelligence. Good luck, learn some respect for the law and there will be fewer trips to jail.

A warrant is a multifaceted order of the court to a law enforcement official. Warrants can direct the arrest of persons or the search (and seizure) of contraband and instruments of alleged crimes.

A mittimus is a very specific writ. It is in effect an order of the court to the sheriff of a county to commit a specific person to confinement, either for criminal or civil offenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHARRIS352 -WOW - you should read the info a bit more carefully. SHE never went to the substance abuse evaluation for the 2nd arrest - THE MORON used the non-dated one from the first arrest. Since I was talking about SHE at the beginning of this sentence and NEVER mentioned the word 'judge' in this sentence - wouldn't it stand to reason that the MORON I am talking about is SHE??
Please think before you point fingers!!

Actually your post is so poorly written I wasn't sure what you were talking about. But thank you Army for clearing that up. I had seen the word before but I couldn't remember what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back