Speeding ticket in MD, School bus ticket in NC, I'm from NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarbus

I have NY state plates/license/insurance/etc.

I was on vacation in NC when I accidentally ran a school bus stop sign. It was an awkward situation where the bus stopped opposite from me at a red-light and put out its sign as the light turned green. I didn't realize it in time and ran the stop sign. My court date for this is on Friday.

A couple weeks ago, I got a speeding ticket in MD (I go to school in Baltimore) for going 74 in a 65. My court date for this has not been set as I have to let the period first pass where I have the option of paying the ticket.

I've done some research on both cases, but I'm unsure of how they mix as they are two different states (both different from my own in fact). I have read about "prayer for judgment" in NC and I've read about "probation before judgment" in MD. My initial thought is to try and go for both these sentences, but will MD see my "prayer for judgment" and not grant me the "probation before judgment?" Will the speeding ticket in MD nullify the "prayer for judgment" in NC when I go to court?

It's all very confusing to me when you cross state borders. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have NY state plates/license/insurance/etc.

I was on vacation in NC when I accidentally ran a school bus stop sign. It was an awkward situation where the bus stopped opposite from me at a red-light and put out its sign as the light turned green. I didn't realize it in time and ran the stop sign. My court date for this is on Friday.

A couple weeks ago, I got a speeding ticket in MD (I go to school in Baltimore) for going 74 in a 65. My court date for this has not been set as I have to let the period first pass where I have the option of paying the ticket.

I've done some research on both cases, but I'm unsure of how they mix as they are two different states (both different from my own in fact). I have read about "prayer for judgment" in NC and I've read about "probation before judgment" in MD. My initial thought is to try and go for both these sentences, but will MD see my "prayer for judgment" and not grant me the "probation before judgment?" Will the speeding ticket in MD nullify the "prayer for judgment" in NC when I go to court?

It's all very confusing to me when you cross state borders. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

noone can say what a judge will do. When you go to court in NC your maryland ticket will not be on your record unless you pay it before the NC court date so you dont have to worry about the maryland ticket affecting your NC offense. I would be more worried about the NC case since it is a bit more serious. After the NC case you can go to court and try your luck in MD. You may get lucky there.

Yeah, I know the offense in NC is the larger one, and I did assume they wouldn't see the MD offense as there had been no judgment on it yet. I'm more concerned about what happens when the MD ticket does get processed, how my NC judgment affects that, and whether or not it would ruin my "prayer before judgment" if I were able to receive that in NC.

the offense happened before the judgement from NC so you will be alright when it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back