Right broken foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernando

I sustained a work related injury about a month ago. The doctor under pressure from workers comp is pressuring me to remove the air cast boot I am currently wearing for a Right Foot stress fracture in order to drive. This continues to cause me pain every time I put pressure on the brake or accelerator. The doctor did not give me anything in writing.

I advised the workers comp adjuster that due to pain I was not able to drive. As a consequence he would no longer be compensating me for the time loss from work since he says the doctor released me back to work. My question to him and the doctor are both the same. I am being asked to keep zero pressure on my right foot but then to remove the boot and drive to work. Once at work I am to work in a sitting down position for the eight hours of my shift. (No weight bearing). My employer on the other hand will be placing me in a personal loa as of Monday since workers comp never approved a medical loa for the month I was out of work. As a result of this personal LOA my position will no longer be guarantee and I could possibly lose my job. I need to get some feedback on what I can do if anything to protect my employment.

Yes, if you want to PROTECT your job, go back to work!!!

You have nothing in writing to support your position, you work, or you don't get paid.

Always get it in writing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back