Harassment by Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky

Because we've filed a complaint with our homeowner's association about a stucture our neighbor put up on their lot, we are suffering retaliation big time. They have now called the police on us three times - all three times unfounded. First, because my lawn chair and radio bothered them (police said radio was not too loud). Second, because I told about 8 screaming kids in their yard to be quiet (police said I can talk to the kids, but please don't). Third, because they saw me today taking a video of the stucture with all these kids on it (nuisance noise is part of our complaint to the HOA). Officer says that I can not document the noise because it is stalking to film the kids. Even though I am in my own yard, and the intent is for documentation of my upcoming case. I am afraid to go into my own yard or out on my patio! They are trying to intimidate us because of our action against them. Should I hire a lawyer to deal with this harassment? I'm starting to fear that something really terrible is going to happen because of all these false and unfounded calls to the police?

Neighbor is harassing me

I totally sympathized your situation. I am living in the same condition as you are. Only my neighbors downstairs have called the police five times complaining about me walking loud at night. I took a step forward to initiate mediation. Only found that after eight hours of hardwork. This couple just broke all the agreements we made during the process. I don't know what I am suppose to do. My HOA is responding so slow that everything I complained never seems to be taken care of. The HOA even send an attorney's letter to me to tell me this is a neighbor to neighbor issue and that they will not take care of. My argument is that if the HOA took care of the matter soon enough, my neighbors woudl know they are at fault and would not think they have the rigt to retaliate. I now have to invite guest to stay overnight just as a witness that I am not creating any disturbing noise. Have you resolved your situation yet??

How are your situations going? I live in Canada, but Im having problems like yours. I totally sympathize with you. As far as I can figure, some people just were not raised properly or they have serious issues. People that cause these problems need to learn not to spread gossip and mind their own business.

My Husband and I live in a co-op with our 3 young children. I go to University and he usually watches the children. We are young, 21 and 27. Before we had kids, we lived crazy, but that was because we were young and had no responsibilities. We grew up when we had kids and we haven't looked back. We have no shortage of people that will act as character witnesses for us, our pastor, family, friends and others that actually know us personally. Certain members of the coop we live in has decided to pick on us. One person has been spreading untrue rumors through the co-op and because almost no one seems to have anything to do besides spread rumors and almost everyone is stupid enough to believe everything that they hear, now people here think that my husband is a drug dealer and I am a helpless little woman who is being kept in an abusive relationship. Why? Because we have had a couple fights. Everyone fights sometimes. And I can take care of myself, if someone tried to abuse me, Id knock them out. We are not teenagers anymore, we have grown up and for the past 4 years our only thought has been to the welfare of our children and each other.Not to mention we've only lived here for 2 1/2 years and that was way after any of our crazy days. Also one of our neighbors called the police at 7pm because "our kids were being loud". The ironic thing is when they called, I was sitting in bed reading bedtime stories to the kids.
Then, a different neighbor decided to "befriend" me and then took everything we talked about, warped it around and spread lies through the neighborhood. She also came into our house and decided to start yelling at my Husband while my 1 month old was in her arms, and trying to get him to fight her. He calmly asked her to leave numerous times with no avail. Our friend was here and I and him witnessed this, but she ran around telling other neighbors that my Husband threatened her and got them to call the police again. She was drinking and clearly intoxicated, and whatever she convinced herself of, she is now making us pay for. We've had the police here 3 times because of these people, and every time they find nothing wrong. Also they say they cant do anything about this harassment because it is the rumor mill. We are pretty much being forced to move, because every time we go out everyone stares and whispers. I could write a book on everything we've had to endure here because people wont grow up and stop gossiping about everything they hear. Now certain children don't talk to my kids because their parents tell them not to. And today, we received a notice that the co op board is trying to evict us and our three children under 3 because of what this neighbor has said. We have done nothing wrong and we are being discriminated against and lied about. My Husband has had AD HD and learning disabilities since he was very young, so he has trouble speaking to others and getting them to understand him sometimes. These people are spreading false rumors without even knowing us. Our kids mean everything to us and we would never stand for anything that would put them in danger.

Harrassment by nieghbor

I too can sympathize as I am being harrassed by my neighbor. I moved into my home 4 years ago and thought I had it made in the shade with my neighbors. We wanted to move to a retirement area to avoid loud kids and a "busy" neighborhood...well that backfired on us.
As it turns out we have two neighbors on a street with only 6 homes on either side of us that are old retired people with nothing better to do than sit on thier porch and watch us with thier by-law book in hand.

They have post marked letters and send them to us about things that are completely rediculous and things that are so far from illegal it's not funny. They listen to us from thier yard, they complain about us doing things everybody on the planet does. We are in our mid 30's, no kids and the ONLY dog in the neighborhood that you DON'T hear barking all hours of the day or night. My husband is out of town 3 days a week, we don't have parties or even people over for that matter. I am home pretty much 24/7 because I own a small home based business that is operated by mail so nobody even comes to my home.

This past Saturday night was the final draw for me. They called the fire dept. on us for having a perfectly legal firepit in our backyard and having a small fire in it to cook food on. The fire trucks came blazing down the street to our home and when they arrived they saw two people sitting by themselves with a flame about 1 foot high in a perfectly legal fire pit built to code for our municipality, they laughed and one of the firemen opened my hotdogs for me with his pocket knife. They gave me a copy of the by-law even tho he said we obviously knew the by-law well since we were abiding by it to a "t" and went on thier way.

The whole thing was done because they are horrible nasty old folks with nothing better to do than ruin a perfectly good night we were having together in our yard. The other neighbor behind us came out later that evening to let her dog out for a pee and we spooked her because she didnt even know we were there. THATS how quiet we were.

they have written us letters about washing our vehicles in our own driveway. The soapy water runs doent eh driveway, down the street and into thier driveway because the street is sort of downhill and the drain is in thier driveway. They wrote us a letter for shovelling our snow onto thier side of the two driveways (which technically doesnt even belong to them) They have harrassed us aboutt he height of our deck (standard hieght) the location of our airconditioning unit (it blows hot air on thier tomatoes) and the fact that we can see them in thier kitchen window when we are outside in our backyard. (yet my bedroom window is lined up perfectly with their kitchen...hmmm which one is more important a bedroom or a kitchen)

My husband and I are clean, quiet, civil and VERY law-biding at ALL times. We are fed up with it and at a loss as to how to stop it all so we can just live our lives in peace. Apparently they have been doing this to everyone (all 6 families) on our street for years. We are all fed up with them. I wonder if there's something we can all do collectively about it? They (including me) kept the letters sent time and again by these people and all have witnessed them verbally harrassing eachother over the years.

harassed and stalked for 7 years by one neighbor then two.

After 7 years of hell, I was elated recently when I found a pair of what I believe to be the main perpetrator's eye glasses inside of my 2.5 acres --too far for him to throw over his fence. My house sits in the middle of my property. My crime in his eyes? I happen to be a single female property owner, for one.
I have extensive documentation, reports, hearings, dead animals, witnesses harassed and on and on. Trespassing, cars vandalized, fences vandalized, defamation, roadkill letter when my son died. the idiot is a Cal Trans employee who has also had problems at work to the extent of harassing and discrimination and to the extent that one of the employees showed up at one of my court hearings because he was worried for my safety due to what this bully had said he was going to do and his obsession with me. He is married and teamed up with another neighbor 7 years ago to harass and defame me and then started in on a mutual neighbor and witness of mine. I have never had a problem with neighbors and have other wonderful neighbors. Lately he seems desperate with his laser lights and rock throwing and approaching one of my (personal bodyguards-ESI graduate because of this case) to attempt to tell him-- like he does anyone else leaving my property ,that what I say is not true, that I'm "leading them on".
He even filed a restraining order on me after writing on his own fence and saying that I had written "I (heart) U. After I had done everything to protect myself from his threats, harassment and vandalism. I've been taken to court for building a completely legal and surveyed fence. Recently, when the last stages (the gate was being completed I was spotlighted again and a fence post was thrown like a spear into my inner property and he was running up the side beyond my dogs electronic boundary and my boundary fence. As if to say I will still trespass (and I found his glasses). For the last year I haven't called the police. They never took it seriously because they said the DA never takes this seriously. He doesn't. He told me early on "I can't help it if you and your neighbor don't respect each other's privacy!" After this, documentingThrough 2005 I sent Sheriff's, DA'sm Governor's office all reports and documentation. I feel this is a violation of my civil rights and physical space as well as well-being. Police were called to harass me, Dog pound was called--until I got one of them on video attempting to call my dogs from their electronic boundaries and then calling to say they attacked them. I'm now fenced and gated. I"ve taken Aikido, firearms training. I haven't noted half of what he has done and what has been done here, the following, the peeping, electricity box messed with, entering my house when I was gone before I got a security system. This is a mess. Now I get terrified calls from my friend and female neighbor when he harasses her. Is my complete fence and gate going to stop him? It hasn't stopped his nightly spotlighting. I have had nightmares lost sleep and even dropped out of college to attempt to deal with this idoit, which is the term my threat assessment expert , John Lane, gave him. JUdges sleep when they hear this in this county. It is as though I've done something wrong. I haven't. This is a hate crime against a single female who wears pants, is successful, owns property and is a public figure in this tiny county. I've had one conversation with him, initially wherein I told him he did not have permission to cut trees and take wood without permission from my property because it is private property.

Because we've filed a complaint with our homeowner's association about a stucture our neighbor put up on their lot, we are suffering retaliation big time. They have now called the police on us three times - all three times unfounded. First, because my lawn chair and radio bothered them (police said radio was not too loud). Second, because I told about 8 screaming kids in their yard to be quiet (police said I can talk to the kids, but please don't). Third, because they saw me today taking a video of the stucture with all these kids on it (nuisance noise is part of our complaint to the HOA). Officer says that I can not document the noise because it is stalking to film the kids. Even though I am in my own yard, and the intent is for documentation of my upcoming case. I am afraid to go into my own yard or out on my patio! They are trying to intimidate us because of our action against them. Should I hire a lawyer to deal with this harassment? I'm starting to fear that something really terrible is going to happen because of all these false and unfounded calls to the police?
:I have recently grown very tired of my neighbor's harassing comments directed at me and my friends. He is in fact a lawyer. I remember numerous occasions when he has threatened me and my friends for being at my apartment. I pay the rent. He doesn't. He says he wants to have everyone leave but me and one other person. Why is he able to decide who I can have at my apartment? He threatens to call the police now just because some of my previous friends have not been "socially responsible" at the house. He is either holding a grudge or makes a lot of judgements. Lawyers shouldn't do that. My friend and I both have caught him on more than one account staring through the windows at my apartment. He has even knocked on my door after midnight. And what he has to say was completely offensive. He said he is going to use power of attorney if I bring over anyone else of whom he doesn't approve. Would that be defined legally as a conflict of interest? He and my landlord are really good friends. My landlord even gives him cheaper rent for a larger apartment.

Due to the fact that my neighbor is in fact a lawyer, I checked with the state Bar Association's webpage to review the Disciplinary Counsel and the department the deals with such. I decided I wasn't done yet, and did more research.

I urge you to check with the Code of Professional Responsibility and read the
Rules of Professional Conduct.

Downstairs Neighbor

I live in low-income housing with my fiance and our 4 year old son. I am 20 years old and my fiance is 22, we our the youngest couple that are renting in the entire facility. We moved out of our parents homes because we no longer wanted to be a burden to them and we wanted to strike out on our own.

We have been living in this apartment since January (it is now August) and things were g oing very smoothly. My fiance used to work two jobs so he was rarely at home and I used to go to community college but switched to online college so that I could stay at home with our son. In early June our downstairs neighbor moved out and it took the maintenance crew almost four weeks to renovate that apartment which was fine. In late June, early July a new person moved in (though I found out recently from our apartment manager that our new neighbor has been living on the grounds for 10 years but just switching to a new apartment) and even during the move-in process she was completely unbearable. She would talk on her phone all day well into the night and she's very LOUD and vulgar. She swears at her children a lot! Now, my fiance and I are very quiet people despite our age and don't even go out to party--we don't even have friends over! Because of this we decided not to file any complaints against her (even though she would be on the phone until 1:00am sometimes and she is so loud it sounds like she was in our bedroom.)

However, on the 7th of August she called the police on us. FOUR police officers arrived to our apartment at 11:00pm and removed my fiance, one of the officers came in to speak with myself and our son. The officer told me that a neighbor had called and said that my fiance and I were screaming at each other and arguing (we were in different rooms and hadn't had a real conversation since we had gotten home at 8:00pm or 9:00pm because we were tired.) and additionally she claimed that our son had been screaming for help. I told the officer that these claims were ridiculous and my son confirmed what I had been telling the police--that he was fine, happy, and no one was hurting him! After speaking with us the police left and let my fiance back in the apartment.

On the 27th of August, I was playing with my son in the bedroom (e.g. tickling and hugging him) and we were laughing and having a great time. Then I heard my downstairs neighbors voice, she said: "PUT YOUR HANDS UP! THAT HURTS!" I thought she was talking to her boyfriend or son so I disregarded it and began playing with my son again. When my son started laughing again she began to scream at the bedroom window (from downstairs) and called my fiance and I named as well as cussing us out. My son, at this point was very frightened because my fiance and I do not yell the way she was! She kept screaming at our window saying "I AM GOING TO CALL THE COPS AGAIN" I went onto our balcony and discovered her trying to peer into our window from downstairs and she was on the phone with someone telling them what sick-o's we are. Our landlord strongly suggests that we resolve conflicts with neighbors ourselves so I wanted to try to do just that, I tried explaining to her that I had done nothing wrong and that she was totally blowing the situation out of proportion--ALL I DID WAS TICKLE MY SON! She blew me off and proceeded to call me names and yell at me (keep in mind her voice was echoing throughout). This was just too much for me, I called and left a message with our landlord and also filed a police report against her.

I'm just so disgusted, appalled, and offended that someone could think that either my fiance or myself would EVER harm our son in ANY way. Our son is so afraid of our neighbor that after the most recent incident he wouldn't even come home for TWO DAYS. He insisted that he say at his grandma's house and so my fiance and I had to stay there as well. Our son finally came home yesterday and he's still so afraid that she'll start screaming or that he'll be taken away from us that he whispers whenever he talks to us. I don't want my son to live like this and it's just so frustrating.

i'm in a certain terrible place myself

I just live in a studio apartment. I keep the noise down, even been told nobody ever hears me. My neighbors are tank top wearing bald white older guys who are on disability for no apparent reason as they all haul heavy shit around and drink lots of beer. My girlfriend has been called (she told me and she wouldn't make this up) a b**ch and a whore walking up my steps by them. they sit outside (see i have to walk out the door down a balcony and down steps noway around them) and cook crap on a little grill with pit bulls that they are (and trust me I kept my mouth shut i don't mind pit bulls) not supposed to have that bark and howl at everything and growl and not a person in management has done crap, i did get notices put on their door that they had to get rid of them and now the guy just drives them somewhere and brings them back later every time) cops wont do shit but that isn't the big issue, I can't park in front of my apartment because him and his idiot wife (some girls are just too insane) that is a pretty girl but with a fat short bald wife-beater wearing redneck with pit bulls and no job for 2 1/2 years) have decided I can't have two cars of my own and although I own my girlfriends car she parked it in front one time and the guy came and about knocked down the steel door screaming at me till i finally went out and scared the crap out of him as mad as I was (I am not fat but I am big and when I get mad as hell I am frightening) so he backed off like a sissy but he was screaming i couldn't park there and he would tow my car off and such and I told him in very wolverine like terms first off no you can't second off i can park in front of my apartment you don't own that space. Well, I got a new pontiac and parked it in front in that space because i was worried about it being too far away from the light and next day a big key mark was on it. I figured i must have been being paranoid and it was me or somewhere else
parked it there again and another big key mark was on it. The car I paid straight out cash for, a 2002 firebird. Parked it across the parking lot. Months have passed not a mark. Parked it in "his" space 2 keymarks right off. I know he did it. Plus they get a gang of rednecks at bottom of steps and sit there for hours straight out my window and occasionally are just making sick comments about me so i have to hear them when I am trying to sleep and they try to block out the steps so that i can't even leave if I get the willpower to walk through a bunch of fat jerks laughing at me and calling me a (bad word for gay). My girlfriend hardly wants to walk up shes so scared they keep calling her a whore and a slut and laughing at her while their pit bulls bark at her and growl and the management so far has mostly been trying to make me pay for this for some reason. I told the guy i would kill him if he tried to hurt me or her so to keep quiet and be a man and I nearly got evicted, but he can just key my car and break the rules and laugh and beat his wife and make me choke through my window on smoke. I hate calling the cops but should I start making reports on him? I am afraid because of my past (nothing bad just wisdom) that if I do they won't do anything and the guy (and his friends, half of the damned apartment complex of hicks) will just start shooting at me and laughing. I am big, strong, smart, all that stuff, but I am also a nice guy and not capable of overcoming this wisely. Kansas, Wichita. Give me a law to stop him from just driving me nuts and back to drinking and stop him from just laughing at me right outside my window and breaking up my relationship. I can't afford to move, I'm right next to Mcconnel and I mostly am too stubborn to run away because of some idiot after all the crap I have done. I am afraid I may just break down and take a minigun to all of them, and they don't seem to think that's a possibility even if I have my fatigues on when I get home. They are (and I heard them say it) trying to destroy me, and they think its all fun, and if they had anything but sweaty armpits and beards and cans of pabst and hadn't keyed up my new firebird I would be maybe more tolerant of idiots. But thing is, the only reason they are doing it is the guy got upset because we were parking in the space he decided he owned. He doesn't, no reserved spaces. If I parked there right now he might just go out with a hammer and beat it to bits while i slept. That's how paranoid I am. I did nothing to him but tell him (oh I forgot I was scared shitless and my phone was dead he tried to break into my apartment with a screwdrive cause I parked my car around the corner so he thought I was gone and I can't take anymore drama I just can't) scared to hell so that's why I told him if he tried to hurt me I would kill him. But I checked, that is legal. I said 'if you try to hurt me and break into my apartment again' and said "because you threatened my life" Which he has. Point is, in any old world, I could kick his butt all over the floor, but then I go to jail. And I look like a kid cute kind of guy who looks hasn't done stuff (which you would think the lieutenant part would make them reconsider, sometimes I think he is just ticked off that he knows I am better than he will ever be), it has been what I've been used for in things. He's a vampire idiot redneck who is bored to death because all he does is look out his window and go walk his illegal dog and beat his wife. He is angry and I look like I'm a pushover. I don't want it going this far. I've got training. I was in Bosnia. I did stuff. I don't like any of it. How can I stop him and make him just leave me alone? Probably nothing short of sneaky crap. I know how to do that too. Anyway, hoping to do things the right way is all. Sick of conflict. The guy is literally trying to kill me with bulls***. Straight out. He said he was trying to kill me to the fat bastards with him at the grill. I heard it with my own ears. They thought it was funny. My trans am doesn't.

You can confer your predicaments to a lawyer and ask for advice. Suit against you is imminent.

my next door neighbor is a drunk and every time my kids go outside she cusses them and calls them all kinds of names i have called the cops a couple of times but they say there is nothing they can do about it unless they hear or see it with their own ears and eyes...is there anything i can do ??i really need help because my kids feel like i am holding them captive because i cant let them go outside without her starting crap with them...my kids are ages 14,12,8 and 6...please tell me there is something i can do!!!!

1st posting - Have you tried to contact the HOA to see if a mediation meeting can smooth things out a little bit? Try and see if any positive results. Good Luck!

Harrassment Here Too

I have 2 neighbors (Jay and Kay) who are in cahoots with each other complaining to apt management that I am setting off my car alarm every time someone walks past my car (not true by the way). Kay will walk past my car with stuff in her hands and always hits the back corner of the car body. Today it was a pair of shoes. My car is not even 6 months old. No other covered parking that is not assigned already. To get away from them, I would have to park uncovered in the hot Texas sun.

And just yesterday, I was feeding the squirrels and birds on the property, have for 10 years. Jay got that taken care of so now no one on the property can feed the animals. Jay happens to be friends of the apt owners and Kay is just mean. Legally anything I can do?

Neighbors and a land grab attempt

Hello, Glad you are here, I need to talk to some one about the situation I am in. I live in Venice California where the property has become very expensive. I have been at this address for almost 20 years in an old craftsman and because I am an artist the house has personality and style which has been admired by many as it so classic and real with an unusual twist. The older couple died and the lot next door was sold to be developed, this I expected. What I wasn't expecting was the new neighbors grabbing my land or trying to. Never heard of such a thing ,seems outrageous but from what has happened it seems to be the case. The house being built has been placed as close to my house as legally possible. Doors have been placed which would enter on to my lot , every last detail matches mine, and they have placed large window which look down on my lot from above which in fact are door frames which would hook up with my house perfectly. Its pretty creepy. All summer long the crew has hassled me. The owners are not available to contact the phone number out front which has to be posted legally when building, is wrong. The house being built is way too large for the lot and with the addition of my lot they would have a lovely compound...It is really weird people are like this, but my house is cool and I understand how someone would covet it , but to actually act on it seems criminal.

I want to plant trees to block their view of my every move, they have taken any privacy I had. I am a woman and under no condition am I comfortable with anyone knowing exactly what I am doing at any point. How do I get them to back off with out being murdered. They seem to want me to run, but I wont, I am staying. How do I get them to adjust when they seem obsessed with getting my property?

Thanks Nay Blue

Harrassment through neighbor's friends

I tell ya...some people need to grow up. It's hard living with bums, people whose only highlight is fighting with other people. This usually starts with tit-for-tats, then when you start to get highly annoyed with the person you share the same building or neighborhood with, you become provoked to react to their silly, but harmful game. I, too, suffer - to some degree - harrassment from a family who lives upstairs. I live in a semi-slumb neighborhood, a mostly black community. The people living in this hood, I find, are quite trifeling or have a really hard time with being reasonable or having any real reason at all. They all just seem to want to start something with someone. That's pretty much where I now have the misfortune to live at now. For the block I live on, though, it's usually quiet. And since I first moved here I had no real problems so long as I don't chat with the natives. I had no problems till recently a family moved in on the second floor just above mine. What happened was some guy wanted to see his girlfriend, one of the family members upstairs, and decided to ring my door bell about 12pm at night when my kids, and wife was getting ready to sleep. I was, at that time, already sleeping but awoke a little while after she answered the door, she told me what happened, I flipped. I flipped because this has happened before from previous apartments we lived at before now. Everytime, someone just has to keep on knocking on our door over something so petty and meaningless, but intrusive. I'm pretty sick and tired of answering somebody elses call to the door. I'm no doorman and my family are no doormen neither. So, anyway, the next time, at around the evening, I happened to catch one of the family members who's the younger of her older sister. I told her in a calm reasonable tone that whoever this guy is, he needs to just ring only the bell that belongs to the person he's concerned with and to tell him not to ring mine. She yessed me to death and relayed that message to her mother. It all seemed quiet for awhile and then at around noon, the following week, I hear a loud knock on the window with the ringing of the doorbell. I went to see who it was. It was some mailman who had mail for, who else but, the mother living upstairs. I asked if he pressed for the second floor, upstairs, and he replied with " I figured you're all family." ("A stupid answer.") That's when she, the mother, came downstairs to get her mail. This means that she has gotten her doorbell rung and that this guy needlessly, and deliberately, rang mine, I realized, soon after, that the they know this guy. A second incident soon ensued with much of the same exact nonsense, but by, this time, a Fedex deliverer, who also knows the family. Same exact manner. Needless to say, I'm hot and bothered. It appears as if they were told by one of the family members to bother me and my wife for ever asking them to keep their visitors ringing their bell only.
I see that some people don't like reasoning, but instead choose to mock whoever they try to victimize. I'm a christian who believes and loves Jesus the Son of God. I try to co-exist peacefully with anyone with little interference on their daily activities. I basically leave people alone as I would like to be left alone as well. My wife and I are going through some tough times now and we're just trying to move on. Being harrassed by people for trying to reason with them is no help to us. I see that people are just plain condescending and feel the need to provoke others. I can't figure why anyone would bother with others in an intrusive way. Right now, I'm trying to keep my cool. I don't know what's going to happen from now on except to find another spot where we can have some quiet time and friendlier people around. For now, I'm, unwillingly, dealing with bummy people who has a very vengeful disposition over being asked for their cooperation. But, I guess that goes with the likes of the hood I'm in. But, it's sure is bothersome.

I live in an aparment complex with my room mate. My neighbor downstairs has been harassing us since the second day we moved in. She's a 27 year old woman with a 7 year old son and has no job. She does nothing all day and from the day we moved in she has been mugging us. She calls the police and makes noise complaints atleast twice a week. We dont make any noise at all sometimes we play music but not very loud because we know she will call the police. She calls the police at 2 am, shes calls them at 3pm she calls them all the time. If we laugh too loud, if we close are doors to loud, if we have more than 2 people at our house she will call the police. Everytime the police come they never find anything and they always apologize. We decided that it was enough so we had a mediation meeting with our apartment management which went bad on her part. She was real ignorant and was cursing at us and even stormed out of the meeting. After that the police stopped coming for 4 weeks but she's been calling them recently and now she has a police officer on her side. She had the police make a report. The thing about that is the date stated on the report was a day we were out of town so the report is a fraud. I think her mission is to get us evicted and that has been her goal since we have moved in. At first the apartment managment was on our side but now the management our leaning towards her side because of the police report and now the neighbor has another neighbor on her side. I don't know what to do now. I did the mediation thing and I've did everything I'm suppose to do so what should I do about this neigh?bor

Neighbor Harassment

I have no clue how to use this forum......but here it goes.....

I am a mother of 2 kids and we all like to stay to ourselves and not get involved in the neighborhood drama. We live on about 7 acres of land and the man that lives at the beginning of the road got mad at us because we called about a road he was putting in without a permit. We were not telling on him just trying to find out why this road was being connected to a county road.Someone knew him and told him and so started all the madness. They were making false reports about our dogs and he even came to our house with another man to intimidate us. We just tried to let everything go until yesterday I was coming home and he was in his huge truck and the entrance where you come in only has room for one car to pass. He saw me and pressed on the gas and slammed on his brakes right in front of my car.I had at least 15-20 feet to try and back up and he only had about 3 ft. I was scared and just wanted it to be over so I put my car in reverse, but that was not enough for him.He kept coming at me with his car as if he was pushing me off the road. The entire time he was laughing and then shot me a bird. I was in a car accident on 2005 so I am unable to work today at only 31 years old. I am already scared when I get on the road everyday, but this was just terrorizing me.I could barely back up because he was pressing the gas and brake so much that I could not concentrate. I just could not believe that this was a grown man with a wife and kids doing this to me. I am still afraid now to go out that way.I went to file a report today like I do everytime they do something and the officer brought up how this sounded like either a simple assualt or I could get a good behavior warrant on him. I dont know what to do. We just do not want them to do something worse if we get the law involved, but should we ignore this type of behavior? I just want to be left alone, but they wont. If there was something we could say to live in peace out here we would, but there isnt. When I got home yesterday his dog was in my yard that has attacked other neighbors and he has been told by the law and a judge to keep caged. I am just wondering what my options are in order to keep him away from me. We live in a very small town in Georgia and he knows everyone so that is the biggest challenge is getting someone to listen to us.Thank you for any advice.

I have no clue how to use this forum......but here it goes.....

I am a mother of 2 kids and we all like to stay to ourselves and not get involved in the neighborhood drama. We live on about 7 acres of land and the man that lives at the beginning of the road got mad at us because we called about a road he was putting in without a permit. We were not telling on him just trying to find out why this road was being connected to a county road.Someone knew him and told him and so started all the madness. They were making false reports about our dogs and he even came to our house with another man to intimidate us. We just tried to let everything go until yesterday I was coming home and he was in his huge truck and the entrance where you come in only has room for one car to pass. He saw me and pressed on the gas and slammed on his brakes right in front of my car.I had at least 15-20 feet to try and back up and he only had about 3 ft. I was scared and just wanted it to be over so I put my car in reverse, but that was not enough for him.He kept coming at me with his car as if he was pushing me off the road. The entire time he was laughing and then shot me a bird. I was in a car accident on 2005 so I am unable to work today at only 31 years old. I am already scared when I get on the road everyday, but this was just terrorizing me.I could barely back up because he was pressing the gas and brake so much that I could not concentrate. I just could not believe that this was a grown man with a wife and kids doing this to me. I am still afraid now to go out that way.I went to file a report today like I do everytime they do something and the officer brought up how this sounded like either a simple assualt or I could get a good behavior warrant on him. I dont know what to do. We just do not want them to do something worse if we get the law involved, but should we ignore this type of behavior? I just want to be left alone, but they wont. If there was something we could say to live in peace out here we would, but there isnt. When I got home yesterday his dog was in my yard that has attacked other neighbors and he has been told by the law and a judge to keep caged. I am just wondering what my options are in order to keep him away from me. We live in a very small town in Georgia and he knows everyone so that is the biggest challenge is getting someone to listen to us.Thank you for any advice.

Why don't you try starting a new thread - I thought there were instructions but will put them up again. Go to the forum of interest (probably the same one as this) and choose the big "new thread" button to post.

Filing for harrassment

can anyone tell me how I can view a lawyer's record? I am thinking of hiring one guy but want to make sure he has a good record

can anyone tell me how I can view a lawyer's record? I am thinking of hiring one guy but want to make sure he has a good record

Why don't you start a new thread in the Lawyers, Legal Practice, Ethics & the Bar section.

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

That's the place to discuss how to hire a lawyer, check out whether he's in "good standing" etc. - and you'll also have to include the state which makes a difference in the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back