Is a disclaimer for an investing site enough protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytrader

Hi, I am starting a site about daytrading. I will be describing my techniques, what I look for in a trade, etc. I want to post trades that I am doing or fit my style of trading. For example..."Got in AAPL at 115.23" Then I would explain why I got into AAPL. I have a disclaimer on the bottom of my blog page, but was wondering if that was enough. I am not coming straight out and telling anyone to follow me into trades, and I have seen other sites where they do similar things but that doesnt necessarily mean it's ok. I would also be posting when and why I got out of the trade. Thanks for your help!!

I assume you are not selling a service?

If not, then you would not even need a disclaimer. You are simply stating facts and your opinion. What others do with this information is no responsibility of yours.

By the way, I just bought 10 shares of IBM because I look for companies that have 3 letter names. I plan to sell on Friday because that is my dog's birthday.

Disclaimer: If you too buy shares of IBM and sell on Friday after viewing this response, don't blame me if you lose your shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back