Neighbor using Police and Coirts to harrasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotiredOfthis

Hi!

FOr the past 2 years a neighbor has been calling the police making some serious complaints about me, including that I have placed nails Under her tiers, ripped off her gas/cap/door, and smashed her windshield with a butter knife as well as stealing her mail. messing with her laundry (in a common laundry room), standning outside her apt with my ear to the wall or in the basement so I can listen to her conversations. as well as Stalking her and threatening her life.

Each time the Police have come I have been very co-operative with them and even let them do a search for the missing mail. Of course they didn't find any because I never took it.

On the other hand for the past two years I have had some serious damage to my car, molding pryed off the back window, I did get a blow out from a nail in my tire and have had at least three flat tires ... ON NEW TIRES! as well as bleach poured on my dark clothes. I also have had mail taken out of the mail box (I now have mail sent to another address). After receiving THREE NEW SS cards each a week apart. I called the SS officve and was told I had asked for them. At this I called for a credit report and but a fraud alert on all of my credit cards and such, called te police and everything I needed to do. The Credit Reporting agency said they could not send me ANOTHER REPORT for 6 months as they had just snet me one! They still had the old address!.

The police told me I should file a PPO, however I knew I could not prove she
did any of this. They also told me that the next time they got a report they were going to arrest me.

When the office came and told me the neighbor had a photo of me smashing her car windshield, I asked another neighbor to come down as I was so tired of this and wanted her to witness this. When the office repeated the reason for this visit ( maybe the 5th in 4 months) My neighbor told the PO that her husband had a conversation with the neighbors BF and he said a friend of the neighbors had smashed the windshiled with a screwdriver... this was two weeks before she called the police stating I had done it. I have never seen this photo, the police say it's still an open case, but I was not under arrest for it.! ( they didn't say I wouldn't be arressted either!)

One night I moved my car to allow another neighbor better access to the buolding as he was moving. My car was parke in the general visitors section, She then parked beside my car and then called the police stating that I parked beside her car to harrasse her and to cause harm to her car. THey told her to go to the courts and get a Stakling Order!

In Short She did, the temp was granted, a hearing was held. The Judge, didn't want to hear any of this and wrote a recipical order ! The order stated that she had to park on one spot and thay I could park in my space, The order did not restrict where I could park, but did limit where she could park. The rest of the order was the ususal stay away stuff...

SO On a very snowy night I needed to move my car ro the general parking section so the manager could plow. Beacuse we had a few days of snow and I was not able to drive (btoken foot) I left my car where it was, clearly more than 7 space away from hers.

WELL she called the police at 4AM three days later wanting them to come arrest me for Contempt of the RO! YES they came here at 4:30 Am.. when they read the RO and heard my side they left, but said that no matter what the RO siad that any three calles from ther neighbor would warrent my arresst for harrassment! She filed a motion for Contempt with the courts... While awaiting the new hearing date she called the ploice three more times, ( stolen mail, my car was in frony of her unit (snow removal) and something about a baby moniter I had placed in the storage unit below her apartment so I could ease drop on her!. The police came out each time, once three came! Again they could not supstantiate her complaonts, but were non the less aggressive with me.

Well the hearing was held and the Judge (an different only this time) listened to my neighbors montage on my assaults and threats on her and her property.... The photos of my smashing her windshild is now a vidieo, but still not available and she did not think to bring it to courts, and the police have never heard of a vidieo! The judge asked me about where my car was and. She agreed that in no way had I violated the RO, and then went on to say that she felt the neighbor had been boadering on /if not crossed the line on the truth of her case.

Through out all of this she has and still continues to take photos of me as I enter and leave the buliding! (stated this in court, plus I see the flashes!) I have had many nightmears about her comoing to my door with a gun (that the Judge let her keep regardless of the stalikng laws...!) In the past two nights the police have been here twice, but did not come upstairs to my place. The end of this week (the day after court) she had a visitior that parked beside my car. As HE was leaving I saw him take some photos on my car and Lic plate! Later this Sat am the same car was behind me as I drove into town. He parked in a parking lot across from me, and I noticed him taking a photos of me as I went into the Post office. He was still there when I left went back to my car, and followed me as I drove through town again. This time I drove to the Police Department where the post Office is. He continued on. I filed a report but did not have an accrate LIC number for the car. I also had no proff that my neighbor is in any way connected to this other than my word.

SO My question is... I had hired an attorney to help me with this from the start. So far the costs have been just over $3,500.00, We did ask the courts for my neighbor to cover these fees but the judge did not grant them "THIS TIME"

I am baffled as what I can do? I know with out proff she is doing or responcible for any of this I will look just as stupid as she has. There have been nights that I have just left to friends and even hotels just to feel safe. I have documented all of my concerns to a few freinds and of course with my attorney and what real incidents filed reports with the police. My family thinks I am just being paraniod! The police can't do anything because I do not have proff she did anything!

Moving is not an option for me, at least not for the next two years. I have lived here for over 6 and she just moved in a few months before this all began. With the exception of noice complaints I have had no other issues with any of my neighbors and have actually enjoyed thier friendships. Since this all began two other neighbors had some minor issues with her, but felt her respoce was way overboard. so when the police ? them they asked not to be involved. Since this all began all of the other tenants except her and I have moved out with new ones here now.

IS there a Civil action I can bring against her? (other than the PPO) My friends want to come and move me out in the middle of the night sort of thing! The landlord said they could not evit either of us, ( also they have 8/18 rentals empty)

So this is why I am $O TIRED!

OH, Yes she has filed false police reports, and even fabracated evidance for such.. IE this photo now turned vidieo of me smashing her car windshield. (The police have my other neighbors report of a conversation three weeks prior) Isn't this initself criminal behavior on her part? Cleary filing false police reports, fabricating evidance, callin the poloce to have me arressted at 4AM three days after an action she assumed was in Contempt of the RO, were all done to harrasse me!

The woman has a personal vendetta against you or she is mentally disturbed. I believe the latter about her. You might be better served if you move. Barring that option, you would be better served avoiding her at all costs.

Tit for tat and dueling police reports will get you nothing but mire trouble.

The police are wise to the woman, but they have to investigate all complaints.

However, if she persists in her behaviors and you take the high road, this woman will cook her own goose.

The police will take action against her without you doing anything.

Just let nature and the law take their natural courses.

This nutball will seal her own fate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sir!

I do agree (from my professional opinion) that she is indeed a very needy and histrionic person.
Moving is not an option for my for at least the next 18 months or so.

I agree that the Police must respond when called, and YES they are getting frustrated as much as I am. But if she is the one calling then I am the one listed as the perp!

I think this last time in court the Judge really saw what was what. But having the police and now the courts know this, I am still at a loss. Her BF was just on house arrest for a drug/posession /driving charge. ( his third) and she is on disability. This all started when I refused to sell her some pain medication she assumed I had. She told me her MD's won't give her more than 10 at a time and will never do an early refill. Prior to this we had been neighborly. The Police knows this as well.

I agree that any paper work/complaints without obvious proof, that I too will only look like a fool . I usually have a strong personal resolve and am very resourceful, but I must admit she is wearing me down, along with adding to the $$ cost for me to use an attorney. which I thought was the best way to deal with this lady and not look like an idot myself. (due to my emotional involvement in al of this) I am not an attorney, but my professional life has had me involved in many defence cases.

I do avoid her at all cost. With or without the order, esp knowing her BF and she have drug issues. She aslo states she has RI MOB connections. I know she has a shady circle of friends and her ex- BF is a mechanic she said she has had him "fix" someones car. Again all of this was told to me by her when we were still fence post neighbors. Sort of bragging on her part.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

And thank you for your service to Our Country!

A Proud Mom Of Marine
Semper FI!

Moving is the best advice. When she keeps seeing the activity without you living there she will either make even less sensible claims and garner psychological attention or she will realize that you weren't the person responsible and perhaps she'll find the person(s) that have been vandalizing both your cars?

It's very unlikely the police will appreciate you chasing after her, much more likely that they will respect you moving away and letting her be a nut in solitude. :)

Hi Chris,

There has been no real damage to her car or otherwise. JUST STAGED stuff. My car has had significant damage, all repoted to the poilce, but not naming her as I have no proof she was responcible.

My question is why has she not been charged with filinging a false police report. (only one that I can prove is false) fabricating evidance in support of one and now purgery in two court hearings!

Yes the police may see her as a nut ball but now it is my name and reputation that has been connected to Stalking and Harrassment charges.

I guess my next step is to gather ALL the police reports, as well as go to see the County Victims advocate to see what help they can be, I really cant afford more attorney fees.

MOVING IS NOT AN OPTION for at least 18 months... then Yes I am out of here and maybe even this state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back