False Statement in Hague Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexden

Last year we went through a turbulent time. My kids aged 13 & 14 were visiting me from overseas in terms of my existing divorce agreement. While they were here their mother decided the kids should live permanently with me in the USA, she provided 2 separate affidavits in this regard. Once the kids had settled well into life here my ex changed her mind and decided she wanted them back. She submitted an affidavit to the US Central Authority claiming that I had kidnapped the kids (she made no mention of her affidavits), the affidavit was filled with all kinds of blatant lies. I went to court to ask for custody of the kids, my court appearance was set for 9am, at 9:15am my ex's attorney submitted this Hague application to the court, I had no chance to view the document. The judge ruled that as he has no experience in these matters the kids must leave the US and go back to their mother and we must sort it out there.
The kids have since left the US in terms of the court order.
I have since found that the "affidavit" was in fact notarized by someone fraudulently using a notary stamp, so this document was not even a sworn statement, in fact the document shows the date of notarization as a whole month after my ex signed it, so it was not even signed in the presence of a notary.
I am no longer allowed to see my kids as I am now regarded as an international child kidnapper.
The only way I see to reverse this is to have some action taken against my ex for having submitted a fraudulent document to the Central Authority and to a US court, maybe then I can build a hope of restoring my access to my children.
I did not appeal the ruling to send the kids back as I was advised the appeals court would regard it as moot.
I spent my life's savings last year trying to keep them here (as that was what they wished) and so cannot afford more court trials.
Is there a legal council or government body that I can ask to investigate this matter and help resolve the issue?

You NEED an attorney - your situation is far too complex for a forum such as this.

Basically, you're going to need to fight this out wherever your ex and the children are - and that's not going to be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back