paying on bill Hospital sent me to collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_leo

I have had large medical bills from many different hospitals and medical companies. I am paying then all 50 to 25 dollars a piece. I have not had any problems with any one else but Munson Medical Center who sent me to collections. I filled out application before surgery and received no clear answer to how much bill would be nor what payment would be. I have had surgeries before at other hospitals and have many bills that I am paying on each one is letting me pay over time at 50 or 25. Most of the bills have been reduced except the ones in the Traverse City Area. The Hospital has been accepting my 25 a month payment. I recently was denied any discount because they said I make to much money. I sent in an appeal letter showing my income and the money that I pay out to everything. Rent medical bills,etc. I did not receive any calls from hospital or any letters from them about my appeal. I just received letter from collection agency. I feel that I am being ram rodded by this hospital and the different medical "professionals" in the Traverse City Mi area. The other medical departments say that they will not reduce the bills if the hospital does not reduce its bills. I am Divorced because of the medical bills and problems I have. I have payments to my wife and rent and heat and electricity and food and Internet for my job and all the other medical bills. I make 15 an hour. I am a 40% disabled american veteran getting 601 am month and they are sending me to collections. I am very close to losing it. I had to sell furniture to pay for repairs to my van. I have very good credit and it is not like I have not been paying. I have applied for help at the Medicaid twice and been denied with no other response than we are no longer taking any more clients. I need to know what I can do and will give more detail if needed. I am at wits end and believe my only recourse is to go bankrupt. I only have my Van and my job. I lost everything in the divorce and feel that I am being taken advantage of by a large medical facility and its medical cronies. What can I do?

I have had large medical bills from many different hospitals and medical companies. I am paying then all 50 to 25 dollars a piece. I have not had any problems with any one else but Munson Medical Center who sent me to collections. I filled out application before surgery and received no clear answer to how much bill would be nor what payment would be. I have had surgeries before at other hospitals and have many bills that I am paying on each one is letting me pay over time at 50 or 25. Most of the bills have been reduced except the ones in the Traverse City Area. The Hospital has been accepting my 25 a month payment. I recently was denied any discount because they said I make to much money. I sent in an appeal letter showing my income and the money that I pay out to everything. Rent medical bills,etc. I did not receive any calls from hospital or any letters from them about my appeal. I just received letter from collection agency. I feel that I am being ram rodded by this hospital and the different medical "professionals" in the Traverse City Mi area. The other medical departments say that they will not reduce the bills if the hospital does not reduce its bills. I am Divorced because of the medical bills and problems I have. I have payments to my wife and rent and heat and electricity and food and Internet for my job and all the other medical bills. I make 15 an hour. I am a 40% disabled american veteran getting 601 am month and they are sending me to collections. I am very close to losing it. I had to sell furniture to pay for repairs to my van. I have very good credit and it is not like I have not been paying. I have applied for help at the Medicaid twice and been denied with no other response than we are no longer taking any more clients. I need to know what I can do and will give more detail if needed. I am at wits end and believe my only recourse is to go bankrupt. I only have my Van and my job. I lost everything in the divorce and feel that I am being taken advantage of by a large medical facility and its medical cronies. What can I do?

The hospital can accept your payments and still send you to collections. You have no contract for the payment terms you've decided that you can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back