Write up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota74

My husband was wrote up 21 days after his boss has already talked with him about the matter in question.
Edwin, clocked in 10 mins. before his shift and 10 mins. before his normal time to clock out in any case they write you up for overtime if not schduled for it so it's a danged if you do and a danged if you don't is this write can they do this because if not I need a penial code for the D.H.R appt. today.
THANK YOU,
MR. AND MRS. EDWIN ATWOOD

Are you asking if the write-up was legal? Yes, it was. Was it illegal discrimination or harrassment? Of course not.

There are reasons that employers don't want employees clocking in 10 minutes before the shift starts. And I'll tell you what the main one is. If an employee files a wage and hour claim that he was not paid for all time worked (based on clock times), the employer would have to show to the DOL's satisfaction that, even though "Edwin" was clocked in, "Edwin" was not in fact working. I've put in that policy for several large departments that I have managed in the past. The company is protecting itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back