Auto Accident other driver gave false info

Status
Not open for further replies.

22lkjlkjlkj

I had an accident in a shopping center, did not call police, damages not too bad, no one injured. The other driver was at fault, we exchanged info., she gave wrong cell # and insurance info.. I only have her name and make/model of car. I did people search and found 3 people that could be the driver. I have the drivers lic. # for each. My question is, how can I search these people to find out if their auto matches the make/model of car involved. The Tx DMV site does say their records are for car owner access only . I also have addresses and phone #'s which may or may not be current. If I can find the auto I can send a letter. I thought I wrote the lic. plate info. on the paper with other info. but in the confusion I forgot!! At the ripe old age of 60, I'm still suffering from brain freeze!!

Call the police and tell them the information you have, file a accident report and tell your insurance company the same.

If you have the addresses you can do a drive-by (not THAT kind of drive-by) and see if you recognize the car. Get the plate and provide it when you contact the police.

In the mean time, your insurance should cover you if you have uninsured motorist coverage, but you will be on the hook for your deductible. You can then sue the other driver for the amount of your deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back