wont give back deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystaljohnson

I have signed a lease agreement for a year and am going to break the lease. I want my security deposit back but sense i am breaking the lease she refuses. However, i have reason to leave the apartment.

1. She has not fixed any problems that have occured like water line breaking untill it effected her water
2. Had rat poison out on the floors with out us knowing about it- we had a 2 month old puppy and it was killed do to the poison
3. The bath tub has been needing to get replaced sense we lived in it, its an old bath tub with claw feet, the claws are broken and the tub falls over. She told me that she didnt have the money to fix it so i needed to find a way to fix it. She ended up giving me wooden blocks to sit under neith the tub. This still didnt work.

do i have lawfull reason to leave and get my security deposit back???
krystal]

Attached in information that covers landlord/tenant repairs in the state of Missouri:

http://ago.mo.gov/publications/landlordtenant.pdf

You must be careful that you follow what is required by law in terms of what to do if a landlord does not make timely repairs. Failure to do so could mean that not only do you not receive your security deposit back, you end up being sued for the remaining months on your lease. It is important that you have written documentation regarding requests made to the landlord for repairs.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back