HELP Finding a Lawyer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

equinox308

Hi,

I know that there may be as many great lawyers out there as infamous ones...to that point I would like some suggestions for finding a great lawyer in my area for a consultation of my case(s) dealing with creditors/collectors, and possibly an incorrect Judgment against me. Also I'm hoping this attorney can help me back on the right track to repair my credit and settle any bad outstanding ones as well. Thanks for your time and feedback..

Without knowing more of the details, I would say that this sounds like an overkill idea. I'm not saying don't do it, but if you are having trouble with collections, start with the following:

Fair Debt Collections Practices Act FAQ's

Fair Debt Collections Practices Act PDF

As for repairing your credit and settling debts, you are going to have to get the past due stuff taken care of first, before you can start to re-establish your credit. If a collections agency is calling, try to work out a settlement with them. What happens is, they buy your debt from your creditors for around half of what you owe. But they still try to collect the full amount. The extra amount over what they bought it for is their profit (minus their other business expenses). So they may be willing to work out a deal, but they don't have to, and there is no lawyer that can make them do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back