Internet Harassment, Stalking and Libelous Remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescueme

This is going to be a tough one, as I live in New York, but am part of a 501c3 German Shepherd Rescue in South Carolina. I am the Executive Director of the rescue. I do the telephone work for the rescue, peruse the shelter lists and make arrangements for dogs we are able to save to be picked up from the kill shelters, by our rescue. This is a terrible time for dogs in shelters- they are being euthanized by the thousands, daily, due to the state of the economy- people are losing their homes, and because of that, their dogs are being turned into kill shelters. Dogs that are owner surrendered are eligible for IMMEDIATE euthanization :( Many of these shelters still use the gas chamber in the south :( There is no wait time required before euthanization for owner turn-ins.

I, personally, as well as members of my rescue have been harassed and cyberstalked, non stop. We are followed to forums where the people stalking us freely admit to joining just to speak about us. They even brag about it. We are a reputable rescue that has acheived National Status- we have been approved by the strict standards adhered to by National Transport entities. We have been visited by transporters inspectors, govtl agencies, the aspca, other rescues, etc. We have receiving glowing reports from all of them, yet we are contineously libeled by this a particular group, probably out of jealousy. They make it difficult for us to function and the stress levels are getting way up there, for me. I feel *set upon* and we have had to close our rescue board, because this other group has bragged about infiltrating our member only board, to spy on us. One of them went so far as to join a hobby board I am on, simply to stalk me. It was a koi board, and she didnt even own fish! This is not a matter of avoiding them, as they follow us wherever we go. Now, we cannot even have our own board anymore. They behave like a group of thugs. I have been losing sleep, and have become very depressed, as dogs lives are being lost out of total vindictiveness.

I am 65 years old and I have found something I am good at that saves lives, but I can no longer participate in what I hoped would keep me active and see me through my golden years. I cannot continue to rescue if I am being stalked and both written and spoken about as if I am the devil incarnate. I do have letters of references I can provide- many of them which would make short work of their claims. However, they constantly tie our hands behind our backs so we cannot fight back, nor can we go elsewhere, as they follow.

We have also been accused of not having our 501c3- we do. We have been accused of not having our South Carolina Charitable License (we do- they spelled it wrong when they looked it up) These people have accused us of not taking care of our dogs, when every report that has been written and every unannounced visit to our rescue all resulted in positive raves. When we went to post these reviews, to have these people leave us in peace their board admin locked the thread, so we could not defend ourselves or post the reviews. They are quite amused at their cleverness. As stated previously, we were also forced to close our own board due to their presence.

I am an author and a reputable person. I served on the Health Committee of my Breed Club and wrote the Health and Genetics Book. I work with a Veterinary Neurologist researching a disease which cripples German Shepherds. The people who are harassing and libeling me and those in my rescue are affecting my life in a very negative way. The stress level is unbearable. I have all the proof I need to move forward with a harassment, stalking and libel case. I have made copies of everything that was posted to message boards. I have hundereds of pages of printed materials.

Is there such thing as an attorney who would take a case like this on a contingency basis? Our rescue does not have a lot of money to move ahead on our own, as all our monies must go to the spay/neuter,vetting, vaccinating, heartworm treating and upkeep of our dogs. Our ultimate goal is not getting money from these people, but to prevent them from ever engaging in this type of activity, ever again. As far as we are concerned, whoever represents us could keep whatever monies are collected. We just need the stalking, harassment and libelous remarks to stop, before our rescue is destroyed for no good reason, other than bullies having a grand old time.

Thank you for any help you can give us or any direction you can point us towards.

I am certain you can find an attorney that would take your case.
You might even get a law school legal clinic to litigate this matter for you.
Some lawyers even do pro bono work, you'll just have to keep searching.
One or two might even turn up on this forum.

Be forewarned, however, what you seek might be impossible to receive.
Cyberstalkers are akin to gunmen and bandits of the old west days.
There are thousands (maybe millions) worldwide.
You stop one, here come four more.
They are especially hard to sop if they are operating in other countries.
Your best advice is to avoid and ignore them.
Bon chance!

Last edited:
Thank you for answering. We have tried to ignore them, but they create scenes wherever we go. The rescue community is small, so they create waves, and ride them like surfers. If we take ourselves off the rescue boards, we effectively take ourselves out of rescue. Their behavior is akin to sharks in a feeding frenzy. They are what cyberbullies are all about. Classic profile.....

This about sums it all up, and the way they operate..

from their message board

GSDolch GSDolch
Knighted Member

Loc: Loudon, TN

Originally Posted By: SunCzarina

This thread has gotten out of control. The OP has left the building.

Nothing more constructive can be said.

Let me be the thread killer.

agreed and, oh no you dont, I want in on that bit to!

Come one we can take turns. *stab stab stab*

*pokes thread with a stick*

Is it dead yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back