Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Threatening Texts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitokiri2789

I'm not quite sure how to handle something like this, this sort of thing has never happened to me before until lately, after i have moved to Denver with my boyfriend, who had already lived in Denver, but I lived 4 hours away, and decided to move in with him and his mother, since my family has been having a lot of financial problems.

My boyfriend has 2 friends, though he wouldn't call one of them his friend anymore. Because he has stolen 4 games from him, and sold them for his meth use. And he's very disrespectful and never is around to take care of his 2 kids (Logan who is 2, Penny who is 1 week), and continuously cheats on his gf behind her back with 16 year old girls, though he is 23 years old. And somehow gets out of trouble when he's reported about those younger girls, who usually reports him themselves.

One morning i kicked him out, because he was being very rude, obnoxious and belligerent, and since then he's hated me. And has been sending my bf threatening messages that he's going to damage my truck. And i'm not sure what else he sends in those messages, because my boyfriend won't let me read them, only that one text about my truck. But so far he's been sending threatening messages about me for over a few days now. And he drives by to see if we're home or not.

I need help, I don't know how to handle this sort of thing. Should I let him damage my truck and report him and the threatening messages? or should i report him now? would they even care or try to do anything about it? Would this be called harassment?

If the 23 year old miscreant is sexually abusing teenage girls, go to teh police immediately.
The bum appears to bully people.
Do not let him bully you.
He may have 'something' on your boyfriend.
You need to press your BF to be honest with you.
If he refuses, he might be guilty of things you do not suspect.
You might want to move out, before you get hurt.
Meth freaks are untrustworthy and incapable of treating others correctly.
If the bum fails to care for his kids, report that to the police.
I've seen this tale told a thousand different way, and it never ends well.
Get out now, before they get you!
The truck is just metal.
If it were me, I'd be worried about ME getting hurt.
These people are all up to no good.
You might also take the messages along as proof, when you visit the police.
But, they get get them from the cell phone company.
So, don't worry about all that.
Just get out as quick as you can.

If the bum fails to care for his kids, report that to the police.

You might also take the messages along as proof, when you visit the police.
But, they get get them from the cell phone company.

Don't bother the police with this... they won't carry it very far. If you think there are legitimate concerns about the kids then report it to social services. When they investigate it they will bring in the police if they find serious enough issues.

As for your messages, you absolutely need to save them. Obtaining them later from the phone company is a lengthy and unlikely procedure.

Your state may have a statute regarding repeated and harassing communications that the police may be able to act on, however your boyfriend is the victim, not you, and he would have to report the harassment.

With the knowledge of threats to your property you could pursue a restraining order if you wish. That is your opportunity to get the threats on record in case something does happen, and it is the easiest way to get him arrested if he continues to make the phone calls and send messages... however if the messages are going to the boyfriend's phone then he will have to be a protected person in the order as well.

The threatening messages via text might be a crime in Colorado (they could be charged in my state of CA so I would assume they could be in CO as well). If your boyfriend is willing to go to the police, he can report it. if he does not want to to go to the police, you can always drop a dime to them but, as previously mentioned, they likely won't do much with the info absent some proof. But, if they already know the guy from other incidents, they may be able to use even this third-hand info as intel, not proof ... provided it is a little less vague and you can provide some names or details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back