Prayer for Judgment (PJC) North Carolina for traffic offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

webguync

Hi, Travelling to visit family in Virginia, I received a traffic violation Christmas Eve (ugh) for failure to move over to the far lane when passing a trooper who had pulled over the side to give someone else a ticket. I came up on the trooper suddenly and just didn't react in time, plus the the traffic was heavy and it was difficult to get over (I did slow down). Anyway, I am thinking my best option is to ask for a prayer for judgement (PJC). I haven't had any violations in the past three years. I know people who have asked and been granted a PJC for speeding. Just wanted some info if this is likely to be granted by the judge for my infraction, and will I be ok without legal representation. I know with speeding tickets a lawyer isn't necessary.I have a clean driving record and would like to keep it that way.

You have to move one lane left, if safe to do so; or reduce speed by 10-20 MPH in varying jurisdictions. If you can prove how fast you were going when cited, that is an affirmative defense. You also might ask to attend online traffic schol and the whole thing goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back