Employer Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdhoward52

We are a sub s corporation. We had an employee that allegedly hurt his back in a work accident. The BWC and a number of his chiropractors have verified his condition. But we had a private detective follow his and watched and video taped him bowling many times during the week. The week before his injury he started in a bowling tournament then his alleged injury took place at work the following week. The following two weeks after his injury he competed in the same tournament and finished 3rd place. There are many many incidences that shows this guy is just playing the system.

We have now filed a fraud complaint with the BWC but can I do anything more such as; because I'm a sub s my increased workers comp costs flow directly to my income. Can I sue him personally in civil court because his lying to the doctors about his activities damaged me financially?

Quick comment....wow....if you have spent enough time and money on hiring a private detective to follow this guy around, you might as well just have resolved the WC case with him for what it costs you to stalk this employee?

You may be right from a financial standpoint. But, I'm not generally open to legalized extortion. Anyone that can bowl can certainly work. Unfortunately too often our legal system forces attorneys to give the same advice you recommend. But, principles are principles, and I'll stand by mine.

I want this guy to get off the government payroll.

Quick comment....wow....if you have spent enough time and money on hiring a private detective to follow this guy around, you might as well just have resolved the WC case with him for what it costs you to stalk this employee?
Why reslove it, if it is clearly fraud? An employer should never result to extortion, which I agree with the OP on this.

Clearly fraud or a misunderstanding of the definition disabled? I wish employers would stop beating up on employees when they disagree with the medical community or legal definition of disability....STOP.

Maybe the bowling was a medically ordered form of therapy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly fraud or a misunderstanding of the definition disabled? I wish employers would stop beating up on employees when they disagree with the medical community or legal definition of disability....STOP.
You are clearly here for your own agenda. There isn't a misunderstanding in this post of someone being disabled or disagreeing with the mediucal community (I don't know where you pulled that one out of). If what the OP states as true, it is nothing more than an employee trying to defraud and extort money through the workers comp system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back